Long post alert <3
This week my inner thoughts sound a bit like – DISNEY, DISNEY, DISNEY! – thanks to our upcoming trip, but as I was doing my Country Heat workout tonight, my mind cleared a bit as a good workout always does for me, and I realized:
This week is my THREE YEAR anniversary of doing challenge groups. In September, it will be three years since I became a coach.
As I watched myself dancing in the bedroom mirror (old dance class habit – I like to use the mirror 😉 ), I remembered how low I felt three years ago – how bad about myself, how unenergetic (only neologism can hint at how intensely I felt this!), and how desperate I felt for a change.
Three years ago, I NEVER would have imagined that I —
– would workout consistently for three years as a busy mom;
– would become physically, mentally, and emotionally stronger than I’ve ever been;
– would embrace workouts at home ranging from intensive cardio to Pilates and yoga to serious (for me) weight lifting to dancing my heart out in the midst of piles of laundry;
– could and would inspire others from doing what I would already be doing from my own home;
– help literally thousands of people make progress on their health and fitness journeys;
– travel to Vegas, California, Mexico, NY, Nashville, Bahamas & Jamaica via cruise, and soon Punta Cana – all merely as a stay at home mom via Beachbody;
– would provide my family with free vacations;
– would replace my salary as a teacher with a full time business working part time hours from home;
– would lead my team to be recognized as ELITE in the top .01% of over 400,000;
– would be recognized in so many amazing ways – including being on stage in front of 25,000 people;
– would wake up feeling inspired every day;
– would still get to be a teacher – something I loved doing – but now I teach other people like me to do what I do;
– would not have to worry about going “back to work” when I wanted to be home with my kids;
– would reconnect with truly amazing people from all different parts of my life through this;
– would meet the most wonderful friends from all over North America that support me every day and feel like a second family to me;
– would step outside of my comfort zone in so many ways as an introverted person to truly experience a magic that I didn’t know was possible.
If you’re still reading, thanks for listening to my rant. <3 Sometimes, it’s just really powerful to reflect on a portion of your life and see it with all that only blessed hindsight can offer…
*And for my friends in Corporate, I have to say that clearly this has been my journey, and that Beachbody does not guarantee any level of success as it is based on an individual’s level of effort and skill.