My little ones and I wanted to make muffins for our special Easter breakfast that would taste like sweet treats yet also be light and on the healthier side, and I think we accomplished it with this recipe!
Serves: 12 muffins
– 1½ cups of whole wheat flour
– 1 teaspoon of baking soda
– a few grinds of Himalayan pink salt
– 1¼ teaspoons of Valencia orange peel
– 1 stick of softened butter
– 1 egg
– 1/2 cup of maple syrup
– 1/2 cup of cashew milk
– 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla powder
– 1 cup of frozen raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin pan with muffin cups.
2. Mix the flour, baking soda, salt, orange peel, and vanilla powder together.
3. Cream the softened butter in another bowl with the electric mixer.
4. Keep mixing as you slowly add in the egg, maple syrup, and milk.
5. Pour in the raspberries and mix them in.
6. Scoop the muffin batter into the muffin cups and bake for 18 minutes. I used the convection baking setting on my oven so you may need a few minutes longer.