Shakeology: The Delicious, Energy Boosting Drink Made From Whole Foods That is Enhancing My Health

Recently, I wrote a post about the 25 minute workout program that has been absolutely life changing for me. One aspect of this program that I believe is primarily responsible for providing me with the most energy I’ve had since having children is drinking Shakeology, also known to many as the healthiest meal of the day.

I admit that I was very skeptical about the Shakeology aspect of the challenge program before I tried it. I’m a green and natural mama who buys all organic groceries and prides herself on feeding her family as many whole, unprocessed foods as possible. Although I was intrigued by the way Shakeology was promoted (a meal replacement drink that helps you increase your energy, reduce cravings, lose weight, improve digestion and regularity, and transform your health), I wondered what kinds of ingredients were actually in it.

I’ve tried protein drinks in the past, and I’ve never been a fan of them. Shakeology is a completely different kind of product.

The key ingredients are Fair Trade.
This shows me that Shakeology is made with superior ingredients from a company that cares about the health of our bodies and our world.

Beachbody waited years before releasing Vanilla Shakeology until they could find a pure and ethically sourced vanilla.
They finally found it in the jungles of Madagascar where indigenous Malagasy farmers pollinate each vanilla flower by hand and then harvest the organic beans by hand. This is the kind of product that is in line with my values!

Shakeology contains over 70 superfoods conveniently located in one glass.
Shakeology contains all of the healthful foods and supplements I would love to buy from the health food store but can’t afford to buy regularly – wonderful things like Goji Berry, Maca, Wheat Grass, Camu-Camu, Pomegranate, Amaranth, Chia, and Chlorella!

Shakeology actually saves you money.
You replace one of your meals with it, and it costs less than most lunches of dinners.

There are gluten-free and vegan options!
Shakeology comes in yummy flavors such as Vanilla, Chocolate, Greenberry, Tropical Strawberry (vegan) and Chocolate Vegan.

You can make so many delicious options with Shakeology!
My favorite is Vanilla Shakeology, vanilla almond milk, raw cacao powder, and cinnamon. It is so good that I actually crave it. It tastes much like Mexican Hot Chocolate!

Here are a couple of other delicious options:

Within my first week of drinking Shakeology, I felt a difference in my energy levels, hunger cravings, and digestion. This is a product that I fully appreciate, stand by, and recommend to anyone who is looking to better their health!

If you would like to learn more about Shakeology, please email me at ithoughtiknewmama at gmail dot com. I would be happy to share more information with you!

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to sign up for a FREE Team Beachbody Account to get support, motivation, and access to free tools to keep you on track with your fitness & health goals!

Comments

• says

Great questions, Andrea. I am breastfeeding my daughter while drinking Shakeology. The recommendation is that you share the ingredient list with your caregiver, but in my case and in the cases of all of the related situations that I have heard about, the caregiver gives a quick thumbs up when they see the list of all natural ingredients derived from whole foods. I personally would never nurse my daughter and drink it if it was made up of anything else. If you would like, I can share more info with you. I have a quick video where doctors are interviewed and share their thoughts on the product.

And yes, it is a powder that you mix in with your own ingredients.

I hope that helps!

1. says

I have wanted to try Shakeology. I’ve used Visalus in the past and it helps my body a lot with fibromyalgia because of all the vitamins and nutrients that are in the shake. I want to try Shakeology but not by buying the full product. I wouldn’t mind a trial sample to find out if it’s right for me. I need gluten free product so I was glad to see that option.
    Elizabeth Towns recently posted..Early Rising – Day 13: My Faith Says…Do I Have a Vision?My Profile

• says

I’m so glad you’ve been able to find something that helps your fibromyalgia, Elizabeth. It sounds like Shakeology would be helpful for you too since it has more than 70 superfoods, super-greens/phytonutrients, crucial proteins, essential amino acids, prebiotics, digestive enzymes, good carbs, and low fat.

Gluten-free is available in both chocolate and strawberry flavors.

I don’t have samples right now, but if you’re interested in trying it, it does come with a no questions asked 30 day money back guarantee. Let me know if you’d like to order.

2. says

I have a few bags of chocolate shakeology. I do like it, but don’t drink it daily so they’ve kinda just piled up! I had to cancel my monthly delivery for now. I do like the taste, and it is a great meal replacement, but I haven’t had any weight loss from it. My favorite is the chocolate shakeology with water, peanut butter, honey or agave and ice. YUM!
    Malia recently posted..Magellan SmartGPS GiveawayMy Profile

• says

Malia, that sounds like a delicious combo! I’m going to have to try it. I’ll be getting chocolate Shakeology for the first time next month.

Let me know if you need more recipe ideas to get through the bags you have at home! I’ve found that to really get results from Shakeology, you need to be consistent and have it every single day.

3. says

I’m going to have to check into this – I make a protein shake almost every morning with a ton of frozen fruit, honey for sweetener and chia seeds. While I like the protein powder I use (from GNC), I’m always keeping my eye open. Thanks for sharing!
    Andrea recently posted..Halloween: Costume Shopping TipsMy Profile

4. Melissa Alvarado says

This is something I would definitely want to try! I am always looking for ways to boost my energy and immune system. I am sick and tired of always being sick and tired! Thanks for the review and the information!

Trackbacks

1. […] My family loves Shakeology! What’s not to love when you get to drink a daily dose of nutrition containing over 70 superfoods? My three year old and one year old enjoy it so much, that we decided to make no bake chocolate Shakeology cookies. The end result – cookie balls that taste exactly like decadent brownie batter. The only difference is that they are super healthy! It’s this simple: I also added one cup of organic unsweetened applesauce to make them a bit more moist which gives it that delicious brownie batter feel. If you would like to learn more about Shakeology, email me at ithoughtiknewmama@gmail.com or visit this post. […]