Thank you to Michelle for guest posting during my babymoon!
Breastfeeding has a host of benefits almost too numerous to count but did you know that breastmilk itself has many uses beyond feeding your baby?
Here are FIVE ways we successfully used breast milk in an unexpected way! Breastmilk is all natural, cheap, anti bacterial, perfectly safe and always on hand! It is nature’s wonder remedy!
- First Aid: Used to aid in the healing of minor cuts, scrapes, insect bites, scratches (you will be amazed how quickly this works!) Apply right to affected area, as often as you like!
- Diaper Rash: Apply liberally, you don’t have to dry or wipe away any excess, dries instantly, heals diaper rash incredibly fast!
- Soothes: baby acne, skin rashes, flaky scalp, eczema, any and every skin irritation
- Ear/Eye Drops: Safely drop breast milk in infected eye to clear up redness or oozing, or clogged tear duct. Drop in ear to soothe redness, soreness or to prevent ear infection
- Breastfeeding: Apply directly to cracked sore nipples, You don’t have to wait for it to dry, apply liberally and frequently.
Michelle is a former elementary school teacher, turn SAHM and self-described “green” fashionista. She is a NYC woman, turned burbs mama, raising her 2 B’s in an eco conscious manner. She blogs about natural parenting and green living at www.everythingsabuzz.com. She is not only a contributing writer for Momtrends, but there you’ll also find her own column, Syncing Your Style. Find her on twitter @queentob or facebook.