The True Cost of an iPhone: A Look at the iPhone’s Life Cycle for Earth Day Weekend

Created by MBAonline.com

1 Edward@Miami Homes April 21, 2012 at 5:29 pm

It’s really amazing and fascinating to see how our technology evolves and steps up. But the sad reality is our environment and nature is suffering from this tech evolution, that will surely affects mankind in the future.

2 Lauren@Hobo Mama April 22, 2012 at 3:16 am

That’s really telling, isn’t it? Wow.
Lauren@Hobo Mama recently posted..On the selfishness of homeschooling: Myth bustingMy Profile

3 Justine @ The Lone Home Ranger April 22, 2012 at 11:11 am

Thanks for sharing. I hope Apple continues to increase its transparency as a company; it sounds like they are headed in the right direction lately, but this graphic demonstrates the long road before them.
Justine @ The Lone Home Ranger recently posted..fostering a love of the EarthMy Profile

4 Melissa April 24, 2012 at 11:25 am

Wow. Thanks for posting this Charise. I have heard plenty about Apple’s irresponsible manufacturing, (and I assume many other companies making cell phones behave similarly), but this really is eye-opening.
Melissa recently posted..Culinary Wanderings #4My Profile

5 Good Girl Gone Green April 26, 2012 at 7:47 pm

It is probably not only the true cost of an iPhone but any phone or electronic. Other phones are no better than Apple…..probably! Thanks for sharing!
Good Girl Gone Green recently posted..Happiness is…My Profile

6 Gretchen@HealthfulMama April 26, 2012 at 9:08 pm

This graphic is shocking and heartbreaking in regards to the people of China. What’s the solution? Regulations for recycling of electronics?
Gretchen@HealthfulMama recently posted..Sugar Is Toxic: Avoiding Sugar & Changing Your Diet (Part 3)My Profile

7 Brenna @ Almost All The Truth April 26, 2012 at 9:20 pm

This is the kind of graphic more people need to see, but my fear is that it is still too far removed for most to comprehend what we are doing to ourselves by the rampant consumerism of technology. I do have an iPhone, but before that my phone was almost 10 years old. I was certainly an anomaly. I hope to keep this iPhone in good working order to maximize its use and reduce my impact, but it makes me so sad that I have contributed in this way.
Brenna @ Almost All The Truth recently posted..My Birthday BoysMy Profile

8 Rebecca @ Natural Mothers Network April 27, 2012 at 5:46 am

Worrying stuff and an infographic worth sharing- thank you!
Rebecca @ Natural Mothers Network recently posted..Best Time-Lapse Videos of our Extraordinary EarthMy Profile

9 Saba @ leadership skills April 29, 2012 at 6:23 am

Thank you for the post. It is good reminder of the true cost of commercialism. Frankly, Apple is not the only guilty party. There are are many companies out there…Apple is an easier target because of their ability to set trends.
While the post is useful, I thought it would be good for us to remember that, the same symptoms plague any industry that are fuelled by materialistic demand. E.g. Diamonds, branded running shoes made by factories that hire child labour, etc. How about cheap cars targeted at the lower income folks? Cheap cars are likely to cut corners when it comes to environmentally-friendly manufacturing practices.
Bottomline : it’s a a SHARED responsibility. Afterall customers fuel demand. Yes, corporate social responsibility is important. But they will not work as well without educating the public on their responsibility towards the environment, upholding core values of a society, etc. Government definitely can help in the education aspect.
Saba @ leadership skills recently posted..Testing for Leadership SkillsMy Profile

10 Philson@Real Estate May 8, 2012 at 6:22 pm

I guess we can’t do nothing about this technology rising. Just help plant trees to help our nature survive.

11 milsia@freeforandroid May 14, 2012 at 4:55 am

milsia@freeforandroid recently posted..iGun Zombie – Premium 1.1 (v1.1) APK DownloadMy Profile

12 Heidi19 May 16, 2012 at 11:45 pm

Great post! This is an eye-opening and i hope that the government will take actions to solve this problem before it’s to late. Thanks for sharing this with us!