My Top 5 Non-Toxic Baby Products

As I prepare for my second baby’s arrival in May, I am spending a lot of time thinking about the baby products I love. One major prerequisite for the baby products we are purchasing or adding to our wish list is that they are non-toxic. I know how easy it is to get wrapped up in the cuteness factor when picking out baby items, but there is really nothing more important than the health of our babes. Especially when children are so young with tiny bodies that are still developing, there is no greater gift we can provide then making aware and non-toxic choices for our little ones. Luckily, these days, there is no shortage of baby products that are both cute and non-toxic!

Here are 5 of my favorites:

1. Earth Mama Angel Baby’s Baby Essentials Bundle
We love Earth Mama Angel Baby’s all natural and organic products. Two of our current favorites are the Angel Baby Shampoo & Body Wash and the Angel Baby Bottom Balm. It’s important to me to know that the products absorbed into my little one’s skin contain zero toxins.

2. Hyland’s Homeopathic Kids’ Kit
This is such an easy way to give homeopathic medicine a try, and the instructions are simple to understand.

3. Organic Pajamas and Sleep Sacks
Nature’s Baby Blankets provides a wide array of organic pajamas and sleep sacks (as well as every other non-toxic baby product you can imagine!), and we love the Warm, Organic Fleece Footy Pajama for our son. It is so important to avoid flame retardant chemicals in sleepwear and sleep products, and this little suit is a perfect second layer over Baby’s snug fit pajamas in the winter. This is especially helpful if your little one is not ready to sleep with a blanket or if she is a very mobile sleeper who can’t keep a blanket on.

4. aden + anais Organic Swaddler
aden + anais swaddle
aden + anais offer such beautiful, delicate, and pure products for babies. I can’t imagine having not had their swaddle blankets for my son. We used them as swaddlers, sun protectors, burp cloths, and nursing covers. The material is exactly the kind that you wish you could surround a child with all of the time.

5. Non-Toxic Teethers and Amber Teething Necklaces
baby wearing amber teething necklace
There is a fantastic selection of non-toxic teethers out there, and it’s a good thing because I would never want my babies to spend time gnawing on anything that contains toxins or chemicals. Some options we love are: Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether, http://www.dressmeuporganic.com/collections/organic-teething-bonbons, and the Wooden Elephant Rattle/Teether. An amber teething necklace from Inspired by Finn was another essential in our home, and I just adored how my little guy looked in it.

For more information on non-toxic baby products, please visit:
- Health Child, Healthy World

- 5 of the Best Toddler Gifts for Green & Natural Families

- 10 Green and Natural Gifts for a One Year Old

- 10 Natural Baby Items I Love

1 MamaP March 6, 2012 at 8:29 am

Great info – one of my favorite pictures of Baby!

2 Charleston Naturally March 6, 2012 at 9:57 am

Our customers really love our organic Beba Bean Bamboo Swaddling Blankets… and of course anything by Erbaviva is awesome!

3 Amy Vickers March 6, 2012 at 11:31 am

Non-toxic playdough for older kids…
Amy Vickers recently posted..PLAYDOUGH FOR DUMMIESMy Profile

4 Emily @ Random Recycling March 6, 2012 at 1:54 pm

We used our Aden & Anais swaddling blankets all the time for baby #2. They are a life saver! We also like the new Dolphin Organics line of bath products for the kids. Super safe.
Emily @ Random Recycling recently posted..DIY Cleaning Recipes ~ Link-up!My Profile

5 Joy@PardonMyPoppet March 6, 2012 at 11:59 pm

We LOVE our amber teething necklace too! Will have to check out some of the others!

Warmest regards,
Joy
Pardon My Poppet ~ Pip Squeaks from the Mummy-verse!

6 JDaniel4's Mom March 7, 2012 at 4:27 pm

These really looks wonderful. They would make great baby gifts.
JDaniel4′s Mom recently posted..Please Save My Star Wars Pajamas For My ChildrenMy Profile

7 Brenna @ Almost All The Truth March 11, 2012 at 3:17 pm

What a great list! It makes it so easy fr people looking for simple alternatives, for themselves or gifts.
Brenna @ Almost All The Truth recently posted..Immersed in Soil With Walt WhitmanMy Profile

8 Danyelle Franciosa March 11, 2012 at 11:44 pm

Thanks for the list, this will help me very soon after giving birth. Anyway, using non-toxic products is really important for the skin of your baby and this is such a guide for me. Thanks once again!
Danyelle Franciosa recently posted..Bifold DoorsMy Profile

9 diane March 15, 2012 at 12:48 pm

I wish there had been more ‘ecofriendly and natural’ options when my kids were younger. Great seeing so many available now!

10 Jenna Richell May 11, 2012 at 5:25 am

My sister absolutely loves Amber Teething necklaces, which she recently discovered and bought for her baby. Besides making the baby comfortable, they sure make good fashion statements for the babies, and some matching ones for mum too! My friend bought a matching set from a company called ozsavers.

11 Christine @ African Babies Don't Cry February 26, 2013 at 11:19 am

This is a great list! We love our amber beads too :)
Christine @ African Babies Don’t Cry recently posted..Guest Post : Side-lying Nursing: A Breastfeeding Tutorial To Give You More SleepMy Profile