How Does Attachment Parenting Foster Independence?

I am thrilled to have my first article published in the new Spring issue of Green Child Magazine!

The article covers a topic that is near and dear to my heart: Attachment parenting, or natural parenting, and how its principles can actually help you raise an independent child – even though that may sound counterintuitive.

I would love if you could take a minute to read my article and let me know what you think:
How Does Attachment Parenting Foster Independence?

Green Child Magazine

Green Child Magazine’s Spring issue is BEAUTIFUL and there are so many other interesting features including:
- An interview with Mayim Bialik about her new book, Beyond the Sling – a book that has placed natural parenting in the eye of the media lately

- Eco-friendly Easter ideas

- An article about how to know if your child has allergies

- A toolbox for breastfeeding success

- How to celebrate Earth Day as a family and community

- A tutorial on vermicomposting

- A guide to spring cleaning

- An interview with Jessica Alba and Christopher Gavin of The Honest Company

- Delicious seasonal recipes

and so much more! Enjoy!

1 Gracie March 20, 2012 at 8:30 am

Attachment parenting is the philosophy that sensitive and emotionally available parenting helps the child to form a secure attachment style which fosters a child’s socio-emotional development and well being. Less sensitive and emotionally available parenting or neglect of the child’s needs may result in insecure forms of attachment style, which is a risk factor for many mental health problems.
Gracie recently posted..Baby Food ProcessorMy Profile

2 Kim March 20, 2012 at 8:54 am

congrats mama! Arya and I were featured in the last issue in the Babywearing Article and Boston Babywearers wrote an article (I’m VP but I didn’t write the article) :)
Such fun

3 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama March 20, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Thank you! I’ll have to go look for you in those articles – fun!

4 KristineC. March 20, 2012 at 1:19 pm

Thanks for sharing all of this matter, as a mother I suggested to my friend mom’s to learn and acquire this Attachment parenting. This is will provide a huge help to us to developed a kind attachment…
KristineC. recently posted..Text Your Ex Back Review – Does Michael Fiore’ Tricks Work?My Profile

5 Eve March 20, 2012 at 1:27 pm

AWESOME, AWESOME article, Charise!!!!! I cannot tell you how much I loved it. I am completely an attached parent, despite never having heard the term. I get comments on our son still nursing at 23 months, and on the fact that he sleeps in our bed and not his his toddler bed yet. But you know what? He isn’t ready and I don’t see the harm in letting him decide when he’s ready to stop nursing and sleep in his toddler bed. What do you think? Am I crazy?
Eve recently posted..10 Reasons My Son Has an Awesome LifeMy Profile

6 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama March 20, 2012 at 8:27 pm

Thank you so much, Eve!! I don’t think you’re crazy at all because if you’re crazy, then I am too ;-) Seriously though, I had no idea what attachment parenting was in the beginning either. It’s been so nice to realize that there are many other parents out there that share the same beliefs!

7 Rebecca @ Natural Mothers Network March 29, 2012 at 10:15 am

Thank you so much for sharing this too- with us on Natural Mothers Network’s Seasonal Celebration.
Warmly, Rebecca x

8 William G. Thames April 30, 2012 at 7:26 am

I’m glad I found this web site, I couldn’t find any knowledge on this matter prior to. Also operate a site and if you are ever interested in doing some visitor writing for me if possible feel free to let me know, im always look for people to check out my web site. Dating Hits
William G. Thames recently posted..Dating HitsMy Profile

9 Nathan M. McGuinness April 30, 2012 at 7:58 am

This post is really very nice as it is well written and has provided many useful particulars and information about the topic. I am waiting for more such posts made by you in future! Click Here
Nathan M. McGuinness recently posted..Click HereMy Profile

10 Rory J. Wright April 30, 2012 at 9:17 am

I genuinely liked reading through your post!. Quality material. I might advise you to come up with blogposts even more often. By doing this, having this kind of a worthy website I think you will probably rank higher in the search engines. My Latest Post
Rory J. Wright recently posted..My Latest PostMy Profile