Tomorrow we will celebrate your 20 month birthday on Valentine’s Day, and it couldn’t be a more appropriate day for your monthly birthday to fall upon. Here are 20 reasons why you are my favorite little valentine:
1. I love the way you love us. You are so sweet and affectionate, and I never tire of your big hugs and kisses – even when you wake up constantly to make sure your arms are completely wrapped around my head!
2. I love the way you love animals. Your kindness and affectionate ways towards animals is so impressive. I’m so glad you are growing up with animal friends.
3. I love your curiosity. You are so interested in the world around you, and it’s amazing to watch you make new discoveries.
4. I love listening to you acquire language. You have the cutest voice, and your versions of our words are so adorable, even when I’m the only one who can understand some of them.
5. I love looking at you. I just don’t think you could be any cuter!
6. I love your love of the outdoors. You’ve always appreciated nature so much, and you want to be outside no matter what the weather.
7. I love that you can even make cars interesting to me. I have zero interest in cars and trucks, but you love them so much that even when I am driving alone, I find myself pointing out blue cars, school buses, and fire trucks.
8. I love that you help me so much. You enjoy being a helper in any way – whether it’s putting laundry in the dryer, putting things away in the kitchen, or watching our for your cats.
9. I love that you seems to have a balance between caution and adventure. You are very careful with yourself, but once you realize a situation is safe for you, you allow yourself to be adventurous.
10. I love your singing. You have started singing a lot recently, and it is amazing. One of my favorite times each day is when we hug and sing your songs before bed.
11. I love your appreciation of books. I’m so glad we can share our love of books together.
12. I love how much fun we have together. I never have a boring day with you, and you make what would otherwise be mundane moments loving and exciting.
13. I love your love of music. You are amazing on drums, and you love playing piano and guitar with Dada. You’re also a great dancer.
14. I love that you already try to say your baby sister on the way’s name and look for her in my tummy.
15. I love all of the time that you, me, and Dada spend together. Dada and I appreciate every little thing about you, and I love looking over at Dada and seeing that he adores you in the same way I do.
16. I love that you are reading books out loud to me as I type right now, partly in your own language and partly in mine.
17. I love that you already appreciate watching theater and musicals so much. You loved Peter Pan when you were 17 months old, and this weekend, you loved watching your aunt perform in the musical, Oklahoma. We can’t wait to take you to see the Sesame Street musical in April!
18. I love that you make me live in the moment and appreciate everything I have every day.
19. I love how much you love your family. Even though we don’t have any other family in this state, you remember all of your family members and have so much fun with them.
20. I love you exactly the way you are. I can’t imagine ever wanting to change a thing about you!
Happy 20 month birthday and Happy Valentine’s Day!
This post is linked up at: