Wordless Wednesday: First Night Boston – A New Years Eve of Arts and Family Fun

The First Night Boston Festival is an incredible way for a family to spend New Years Eve. They city is filled with concerts, art, performances, music, ice sculptures, and entertainment of all kinds. Here’s a peek at our First Night experience:

first night boston

We had fun watching Skyriders - a trampoline stunt show.

first night boston

An airborne Skyrider

first night boston

Dada and Baby enjoy the Little Groove Baby Wiggle show.

first night boston

Little Groove Baby Wiggle Show

first night boston

Baby loved playing several different instruments.

first night boston

Dada and Baby dance in front of the stage at the Ellis Paul folk music concert. He played songs that focused on peace, unity, and American pride.

first night boston

Mama and Baby watch the Grand Procession. We had a perfect view of the start of the parade, and Baby was SO excited throughout all of it.

first night boston

Our last family picture of 2011

first night boston

Our New Years Eve festivities ended with a delicious dinner at Back Bay Social Club. This picture is a peek at our New Years Day.

How did your family celebrate New Years?

Link up your Wordless Wednesday post below!

1 Rachael January 4, 2012 at 7:37 am

Yay, Boston! Though, um, the night looks exhausting to me. As you’ll see in my own Wordless Wednesday post, I’m kinda down on outings now. We went to the farmer’s market and did a bit of shopping on New Year’s Eve day, but we stayed home that night.

Happy new year!
Rachael recently posted..Small Changes: Winter 2012My Profile

2 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama January 5, 2012 at 8:38 pm

Thanks, Rachael!

It actually wasn’t as exhausting as it sounds because we only went to events that were all housed in the same convention center. You could just walk from room to room as you pleased. :-)

3 MamaP January 4, 2012 at 8:06 am

Looks like a great way to end 2011 and start 2012!

4 Melissa January 4, 2012 at 9:03 am

I may need to add Boston to my list of places to consider moving! That looks like so much fun, and I love that they had music just for the kids, too!

Our new year’s eve was spent having dinner outdoors with friends. We all mistakenly thought our toddlers would fall asleep in the midst of it all, and we adults could enjoy the fireworks at midnight. The excitement made it too hard for the little ones to fall asleep, so we went home and crashed :)
Melissa recently posted..What’s New, Babe?: The Many Voices of AnnabelleMy Profile

5 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama January 5, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Oh my goodness, definitely add this area to your list! That would be amazing!

6 Dionna @ Code Name: Mama January 4, 2012 at 10:02 am

You are BEAUTIFUL in that first pictures!! This looks so fun :)

7 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama January 5, 2012 at 2:19 pm

Aww… thank you, Dionna!

8 Gaby @ Tmuffin January 4, 2012 at 10:36 am

That is so cool! I wish my town had something like that. What a great, festive but family-friendly way to ring in the new year!!
Gaby @ Tmuffin recently posted..WORDLESS WEDNESDAY: 2012 New Year’s Coloring PageMy Profile

9 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama January 5, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Thanks, Gaby!

10 OneMommy January 4, 2012 at 10:58 am

Looks like fun! Happy New Year!
OneMommy recently posted..Celebrating New Year’s with the Kids #Wordless WednesdayMy Profile

11 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama January 5, 2012 at 2:18 pm

Thank you! I hope you’re having a great year so far :-)

12 Queentob January 4, 2012 at 2:22 pm

So much fun! What a great family experience! We spent time with our family!

Ps when will we get a sneak peek at the baby belly?

13 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama January 5, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Thanks!

You’re so right! I really need to get a belly shot on the blog soon ;-)

14 Erika @NAMAmmaSTE January 4, 2012 at 5:01 pm

What a great idea! I need to start planning fun family events for holidays like that. It didn’t even occur to me to do anything other than spend a lazy evening at home.

Great pictures and you look awesome! I second Queentob. I want to see your belly!
Erika @NAMAmmaSTE recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: Christmas ExtravaganzaMy Profile

15 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama January 5, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Thanks, although lazy evenings at home are a favorite of ours too ;-)

16 marieljackson January 4, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Hi Charise… You seem like having a great fun with your family outing… I love the pictures, the kids are so cute.

17 Christine @ African Babies Don't Cry January 4, 2012 at 5:36 pm

Looks like you guys had a wonderful time!
Christine @ African Babies Don’t Cry recently posted..Mamatography Photo Project : Week 1My Profile

18 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama January 5, 2012 at 2:15 pm

We did – thanks!

19 Melissa January 5, 2012 at 3:43 am

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend New Years! I can’t believe how much baby has grown since I first discovered your blog. :o)
Melissa recently posted..Wordless Wednesday~ Tree-side EmbroideryMy Profile

20 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama January 5, 2012 at 2:12 pm

Thanks! I know – Baby is growing too fast! I’m just trying to soak in every moment.

21 joyce January 5, 2012 at 4:33 am

Nice sharing of photo..all of you guys looks very happy and great in your photo..

22 Lauren@Hobo Mama January 6, 2012 at 3:43 am

That looks like so much fun! What a great finish to the year.
Lauren@Hobo Mama recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: Happy New Year!My Profile

23 Tana January 25, 2012 at 6:43 am

I am really excited on you coming baby..Thanks for sharing your beautiful photo..
Tana recently posted..PPI ClaimsMy Profile

24 stack stone June 30, 2012 at 1:42 am

I am a mother of a 4 year old and my husband and I are looking for ideas on how to spend more quality family time together. We do game nights on occasion, but those get a little dull with preschool games and we do art projects together as a family on occasion as well. Do you do any thing else together while at home?