The Joys of Cosleeping in Pictures

dad and baby cosleep

mom and baby cosleeping

grandma and baby sleep

mom and baby cosleep

*******
Safe Cosleeping Blog Carnival

Thanks for reading a post in the Safe Cosleeping Blog Carnival. On Carnival day, please follow along on Twitter using the #CosleepCar hashtag.
Please take time to read the submissions by the other carnival participants:

***

• Emotive Co-Sleeping Campaign – Miriam at Diary of an Unconscious Mother talks about her feelings on Milwaukee’s anti-cosleeping crusade and its latest advertising campaign.
  • Why Cosleeping has Always been the Right Choice for My Family – Patti at Jazzy Mama shares how lucky she feels to have the privilege of sleeping with her four children.
  • Cosleeping is a safe, natural and healthy solution parents need to feel good about. – See how Tilly at Silly Blatherings set up a side-car crib configuration to meet her and her families’ needs.
  • Black and White: Race and the Cosleeping Wars – Moorea at Mama Lady: Adventures in Queer Parenting points out the problem of race, class and health when addressing co-sleeping deaths and calls to action better sleep education and breastfeeding support in underprivileged communities.
  • Reflections on Cosleeping – Jenny at I’m a Full Time Mummy shares her thoughts on cosleeping and pictures of her cosleeping beauties.
  • Cosleeping and Transitioning to Own Bed – Isil at Smiling Like Sunshine shares her experiences in moving beyond the family bed.
  • What Works for One FamilyMomma Jorje shares why cosleeping is for her and why she feels it is the natural way to go. She also discusses the actual dangers and explores why it may not be for everyone.
  • Really High Beds, Co-Sleeping Safely, and the Humanity Family Sleeper – Jennifer at Hybrid Rasta Mama gives a quick view of Jennifer’s bed-sharing journey and highlights the Humanity Family Sleeper, something Jennifer could not imagine bed-sharing without.
  • Crying in Our Family Bed – With such a sweet newborn, why has adding Ailia to the family bed made Dionna at Code Name: Mama cry?
  • Dear Mama: – Zoie at TouchstoneZ shares a letter from the viewpoint of her youngest son about cosleeping.
  • Cuddle up, Buttercup! – Nada of The MiniMOMist and her husband Michael have enjoyed cosleeping with their daughter Naomi almost since birth. Nada shares why the phrase “Cuddle up, Buttercup!” has such special significance to her.
  • Co-Sleeping With A Baby, Toddler, and Preschooler – Kerry at City Kids Homeschooling shares how co-sleeping calls us to trust our inner maternal wisdom and embrace the safety and comfort of the family bed.
  • Fear instead of Facts: An Opportunity Squandered in Milwaukee – Jenn at Monkey Butt Junction discusses Milwaukee’s missed opportunity to educate on safe cosleeping.
  • Cosleeping: A Mini-rant and a Lovely Picture – Siobhan at Res Ipsa Loquitor discusses her conversion to cosleeping and rants a little bit about the Milwaukee Health Department anti-cosleeping campaign.
  • Our Cosleeping Story – Adrienne at Mommying My Way shares her cosleeping story and the many bonus side effects of bedsharing.
  • Cosleeping can be safe and rewarding Christy at Mommy Outnumbered shares how her cosleeping experiences have been good for her family.
  • Adding one more to the family bed Lauren at Hobo Mama discusses the safety logistics of bed sharing with a new baby and a preschooler.
  • The Truth About Bedsharing – Dr. Sarah at Parenting Myths and Facts discusses the research into bedsharing and risk – and explains why it is so often misrepresented.
  • Cosleeping as a parenting survival tool – Melissa V. at Mothers of Change describes how she discovered cosleeping when her first baby was born. Melissa is the editor and a board member for the Canadian birth advocacy group, Mothers of Change.
  • Dear Delilah – Joella at Fine and Fair writes about her family bed and the process of finding the cosleeping arrangements that work best for her family.
  • CoSleeping ROCKS! – Melissa at White Noise talks about the evolution of cosleeping in her family.
  • Safe Sleep is a Choice – Tamara at Pea Wee Baby talks about safe sleep guidelines.
  • 3 Babies Later: The Evolution of our Family Bed – Kat at Loving {Almost} Every Moment talks about how her family’s cosleeping arrangements evolved as her family grew.
  • Tender MomentsThe Accidental Natural Mama discusses tender cosleeping moments.
  • Cosleeping Experiences – Lindsey at An Unschooling Adventure describes how she ended up co-sleeping with her daughter through necessity, despite having no knowledge of the risks involved and how to minimise them, and wishes more information were made available to help parents co-sleep safely.
  • The early days of bedsharing – Luschka at Diary of a First Child shares her early memories of bedsharing with her then new born and gets excited as she plans including their new arrival into their sleeping arrangements.
  • The Joys of Cosleeping in Pictures – Charise of I Thought I Knew Mama shares pictures of some of her favorite cosleeping moments.
  • Symbiotic Sleep – Mandy at Living Peacefully With Children discusses how the symbiotic cosleeping relationship benefits not only children but also parents.
  • Co-sleeping Barriers: What’s Stopping You? – Kelly at Becoming Crunchy shares how she was almost prevented from gaining the benefits of co-sleeping her family currently enjoys.
  • Co-Sleeping with the Family Humanity Sleeper – Erica at ChildOrganics shares a way to make co-sleeping safe, comfortable and more convenient. Check out her post featuring the Humanity Organic Family Sleeper.
  • Why We CosleepThat Mama Gretchen’s husband chimes in on why cosleeping is a benefit to their family.
  • Adding to the Family Bed – Darah at A Girl Named Gus writes about her co-sleeping journey and what happens when a second child comes along.

A big thank you to all of the Safe Cosleeping Blog Carnival participants!

1 Good Girl Gone Green December 15, 2011 at 9:03 am

Cute pictures! I love co-sleeping!
Good Girl Gone Green recently posted..Monsanto Claus- a Joe Mohr cartoonMy Profile

2 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama December 16, 2011 at 12:16 pm

Thanks! Glad to hear it :-)

3 Kat @ Loving {Almost} Every Moment December 15, 2011 at 9:07 am

Lovely pictures! I love looking back through ours and remembering those days!

4 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama December 16, 2011 at 12:16 pm

Thanks, Kat!

5 Jenn @ Monkey Butt Junction December 15, 2011 at 9:12 am

What great photos! I love them all. The one with the kitty in it is particularly sweet.
Jenn @ Monkey Butt Junction recently posted..The Milwaukee Anti-Cosleeping Campaign: An Opportunity SquanderedMy Profile

6 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama December 16, 2011 at 12:16 pm

Thanks, Jenn, and thank you again for hosting!

7 OneMommy December 15, 2011 at 9:49 am

Beautiful pics! I never thought I’d co-sleep; certainly didn’t feel comfy to do it with our first child. But it was just what our second child needed to sleep well at night. Wish I had pics to remember those days.
OneMommy recently posted..Our Nativity SetMy Profile

8 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama December 16, 2011 at 12:15 pm

Thank you! I’m sure you have many happy memories of snuggling with your second child :-)

9 savannahsnanny December 15, 2011 at 10:45 am

I always believed in co-sleeping…and now as a nana to Savannah, when we have our sleep over..we snuggle to sleep together.
P.S….Gabrielle also enjoys this special time almost ever night with Savannah.

10 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama December 16, 2011 at 12:14 pm

So glad to hear it! xoxo

11 All Natural Katie December 15, 2011 at 1:51 pm

Love it! I am so glad you are participating in the Joys of Cosleeping Carnival and spreading the word about it.
All Natural Katie recently posted..Green Motivation Monday – Read Your IngredientsMy Profile

12 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama December 16, 2011 at 12:13 pm

Thanks, Katie!

13 Isil December 15, 2011 at 4:01 pm

Lovely pictures,thanks for sharing!

14 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama December 16, 2011 at 12:13 pm

Thanks, Isil!

15 Fine and Fair December 15, 2011 at 9:11 pm

So many precious photos! Thank you for sharing them!
Fine and Fair recently posted..Safe and Sound SleepMy Profile

16 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama December 16, 2011 at 12:12 pm

17 Lauren@Hobo Mama December 16, 2011 at 2:51 am

One word reverberated in my head as I looked through your pictures: peace. Beautiful — thank you for sharing!
Lauren@Hobo Mama recently posted..Adding one more to the family bed, safelyMy Profile

18 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama December 16, 2011 at 12:11 pm

Thanks, Lauren!

19 Melissa Vose December 16, 2011 at 3:17 am

Beautiful!! Your pictures capture the joy of cosleeping so beautifully. I wish I had more photos of our own cosleeping journey! Yours are so wonderful. xo
Melissa Vose recently posted..Cosleeping: Nighttime Parenting, Survival, and LoveMy Profile

20 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama December 16, 2011 at 12:11 pm

Thank you, Melissa!

21 Cameron@SpamBlocking December 16, 2011 at 9:56 am

Thanks for sharing..This photo are really cute..I love it!

22 Luschka December 17, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Absolutely precious photos. I’m the photo taker in the family, so there are rarely photos of me unless they’re ones I’ve asked for. I’ll be asking for many more in the first few months with the new baby!
Luschka recently posted..Friday Features: ‘Fine And Fair’ And ‘The Hippie Housewife’My Profile

23 Stef @ Video Editing Chicago December 18, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Very cute and sweet photos. :) Cosleeping could be one of the priceless and memorable moments to keep. :)

24 Judy Foret December 20, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Aww. :’] Those photos are so sweet and adorable. One of the best experiences in life is when you fall asleep beside the person you love – and I’m not just talking about romantic love. It’s very reassuring to feel your son or daughter’s warmth when you sleep. =)

25 Nicki February 26, 2012 at 12:16 am

My fiance and I have been talking about whether we will co-sleep when we have children. Still undecided, but if we do we will need a bigger bed! LoL our two cats already sleep with us every night, and there is not much room left with the four of us haha
Nicki recently posted..Win a Luna Apawthecary Cat Bed from CatTipper.com!My Profile