It’s important to reduce your exposure to the chemicals and toxins that are unfortunately part of our daily lives, but this becomes of paramount importance when you are pregnant. Our little ones have such delicate systems when they are developing and growing and toxins have a much greater impact on their sensitive little bodies.
As a pregnant mama, here are 5 steps that I am taking to reduce my developing baby’s exposure to chemicals and toxins:
1. Avoid BPA and try not to eat any canned foods. If there is a food you would like to have in the canned version, Whole Foods carries the brand Eden Organic which is BPA free. (See my post What is BPA? Why is it bad? What can I do? for more info.)
2. Avoid using any product that lists “fragrance” or “parfum” as an ingredient. There are many products that are scented with natural essential oils that smell wonderful.
3. Use natural cleaning products. I clean almost everything with a mixture of vinegar and water, and I add in a few drops of lavender essential oil to make it smell good.
4. Eat organic as much as possible. If you can’t buy organic dairy products, make sure they are antibiotic and hormone free.
5. Eat whole and unprocessed foods as much as possible. Foods in their natural forms are best.
Link up any of your green living or natural parenting posts below!
- I would love if you could leave a comment on this post and then grab the html for the Green & Natural Mama Thursday button and either add it to your blog sidebar or as a picture in your actual blog post.
- Visit some of the other blog posts that are linked up for the week, and be sure to leave them a comment letting them know that you are visiting from Green & Natural Mama Thursday. The more support we can lend each other, the better!
Visit Healthy Child Healthy World for more information on having a healthy pregnancy.