5 Reasons I Love Having a Toddler

I often remember back to when Baby was an infant and true little baby, and how I thought life could never be better. Babyhood seemed like the most amazing stage of life, and I was so sad that Baby would turn one and enter toddlerhood.

If you’re a mama of a little baby, I’m here to tell you that life with your little one only gets better! Babyhood was magical, but toddlerhood is just flat out FUN every single day.

Here are 5 reasons why I am loving toddlerhood with my 16 month old:

1. It is truly fun to play together.
Whether we are building towers with blocks, chasing each other, or making music together, I am not playing with Baby to be a good parent. I am actually having a great time!

2. Toddlers are very funny.
Every day, Baby seems to have a new funny face and a brighter smile. He purposefully tries to be funny and make us laugh, and he loves to laugh at us. Hubby and I usually fall asleep laughing about something Baby did that day.

3. Mobility opens up a whole new world.
When Baby started walking, I heard lots of comments about how I needed to “watch out”, or how “I’m in trouble now”. I have no idea why. Mobility is amazing! I love to hold Baby’s hand and walk around with him, and there’s nothing better than seeing him run, filled with excitement. We have such a nice time exploring together, and I never get tired of watching Baby stay busy all day.

4. New abilities and new discoveries make every day exciting.
Baby literally learns how to do new things every single day, and each morning, I wake up looking forward to these new discoveries. Whether Baby decides he will start kissing pictures of babies in books or making new animal noises, it’s all thrilling to me.

5. We can genuinely communicate with each other.
I love knowing that Baby understands me, and life is so easy now that Baby can show me what he needs and wants. Baby can say 4 words and make various animal noises, but he conveys exactly what he wants in so many ways. If he wants to nurse, he will carry the giant Boppy pillow to me, no matter where I am. If he wants a drink, he goes to the refrigerator and says: MMMM! If he wants a snack, he goes to the cabinet and brings me one. The list of ways he communicates goes on and on, and I love seeing how creatively he comes up with ways to express himself.

toddler hugs mom

Did I mention how amazing the hugs are?

What did you/do you enjoy about toddlerhood?

1 MamP October 24, 2011 at 11:20 am

I love Mr. Hugger-wugger – and you Super Mama – great list!

2 Sarah October 24, 2011 at 1:05 pm

I assure you: 20 month old hugs are WAY better than 16 month old hugs!
Sarah recently posted..the five project #1My Profile

3 Debbie October 24, 2011 at 3:59 pm

you are a good mommy Charise. You absolutely see the joy in everything that is motherhood. Your blog is a feel good tell-all right from the heart and I appreciate your words. Thanks for sharing!!!

4 Grady Pruitt October 25, 2011 at 2:19 am

I think 3 YO hugs are the best :D

The older the kids are, the more fun they are — but also the more frustrating. Because you can be trying to get them to understand a concept, and you’ll think they have it down… Then not be able to act on that concept.

Eventually, they do get it, though.

I agree, though… Toddlers are naturally funny — and fun to play with!
Grady Pruitt recently posted..Anyone can be a success! — Mastering Me MondayMy Profile

5 Ted Charley@cheap modern glass coffee tables October 25, 2011 at 7:36 am

I love toddlers and it’s pleasant having them around. I haven’t got one yet because I’m not yet married but it’s fun being with my neighbours’ and friends’ toddlers.
Ted Charley@cheap modern glass coffee tables recently posted..How To Choose The Best Coffee TableMy Profile

6 Sabina October 25, 2011 at 9:55 am

I can perfectly relate with your post because I have also a wonderful toddler.
Sabina recently posted..How To Conceive QuicklyMy Profile

7 OneMommy October 25, 2011 at 2:58 pm

You’re right, it does get better with toddlerhood. My little guy makes me laugh every day… He has one crazy sense of humor! I love watching him become his own person.
OneMommy recently posted..Painting PumpkinsMy Profile