Sunday Surf: The Best Fall Recipes I Found This Week (Link up your favorite recipe of the week!)

Yay! It’s September!

This puts me in the mood for fall spices, apple picking, cooking with the crock pot, beautiful hikes, and the all women fantasy football league that I am the commissioner of!

In celebration of the start of September, here are a few recipe blog posts that I can’t wait to try (or have tried already!).

Crockpot Baked Potatoes with Smashed Chili Beans by With a Side of Sneakers: We tried this recipe earlier this week and loved it. Who knew you could make baked potatoes in the crock pot?!

It’s Going To Be A Long Two Weeks. . . by Monday Morning Coffee: A healthy, easy, and homemade recipe for a Pumpkin Spice Latte if you don’t want to drop five bucks at Starbucks!

5 Smart Ways To Use Eggs by Daily Organized Chaos: These aren’t recipes, but they are such interesting and practical ways to use eggs if you regularly keep them in your home.

Who needs a microwave when you have a toaster oven + 2 easy organic recipes by Green Kids Guide: I love that these recipes can be made with a toaster oven! Yummy Super Easy (and adaptable!) Quiche Recipe and Quick Strawberry-Rhubarb Crumble Recipe included.

Homemade Toothpaste by Naturally Cheerful, and Kinda Crunchy: I can’t wait to make this vanilla kids’ toothpaste for Baby as we have only used water to brush his teeth so far.

Why do I need to Know Where My Honey is Coming From? by Granola Catholic: This is not a recipe, but an important warning about honey, which is a staple in our kitchen.

Green & Natural Mamas Thursday Linkup Plus a Veggie Muffin Recipe for Toddlers: I’d also like to share my veggie muffins for toddlers recipe since we’ve all been enjoying them so much this week.

Link up your favorite recipe of the week below!

1 Christina Simon September 4, 2011 at 3:26 pm

This recipe swap makes me want to do some fall cooking, except it’s 95 degrees here in L.A. But, I’ll come back to these yummy looking recipes.
Christina Simon recently posted..Guest Blogger Jenny: Mass School Transit In The Nick Of TimeMy Profile

2 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama September 7, 2011 at 12:10 pm

I’m so glad it’s no longer 95 degrees here!

Hope you enjoy the recipes!

3 Lisa @Granola Catholic September 4, 2011 at 7:46 pm

I can’t wait to start fall cooking either, our weather has made a turn for the better finally, not 100 degrees. I have a renewed interest in cooking altogether.

4 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama September 7, 2011 at 12:09 pm

Me too!

5 Klara@plastische Chirurgie September 6, 2011 at 6:56 am

fall is the season of the cookin! i can’t wait to smell those fall-tastes… thanks for the recipes, some of them are really interesting (homemade vanilla toothpaste?!)
Klara@plastische Chirurgie recently posted..Brustvergrößerung mit ImplantatenMy Profile

6 Eve September 6, 2011 at 2:16 pm

Great links, Charise! Thanks for stopping by Scrumptious Sunday. :-)
Eve recently posted..Scrumptious Sunday – French Almond Pumpkin CakesMy Profile

7 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama September 7, 2011 at 11:56 am

Thanks, Eve!

8 Dewey Setlak December 9, 2011 at 10:06 am

Yummy! These recipes sound good. I would like to try and make Pumpkin Spice Latte for a change. Also, it’s amazing how eggs can be used for puffy eyes. I might try that as well.

9 Beau Hooker December 20, 2011 at 1:57 pm

The potato recipe seems very delicious. A crock pot seems like a fun way to cook the potato, and the chili beans should help spice things up! Fall might be over, but I doubt these recipes would be out of style during the winter.