Joy Pockets

Follow my blog with Bloglovin
I am writing my first Joy Pockets post today inspired by Bohemian Twilight. “No matter what is going on in our lives finding the little moments that bring us some joy reminds us what we are here for… to love life.”

A Saturday morning with sunlight streaming through the windows, my husband playing guitar, a happy baby, and a good book in my lap as I relax on the couch.
dad plays guitar for toddler
Looking out the window with Baby to see several beautiful birds feeding in our bird house for the very first time.
Baby’s laps throughout the house holding some of his favorite items – his dada’s (clean) boxers.

Baby’s love of books – especially my picture-less library books.
Toddler carries heavy adult library book.
The many, many times each day that Baby stops what he is doing to come over and hug me while chanting Mamama.

joy pockets

1 MAMA P September 9, 2011 at 9:20 am

My Mama – I can hear him say that ! oh so sweet! He walked around with my heavy library book last Tuesday too!

2 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama September 12, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Haha – I hear “My Mama” in my head all the time – even when I sleep – because I love it so much. <3

3 Marie September 9, 2011 at 9:32 am

Precious!! What a beautiful family. Welcome to Joy Pockets!
Marie recently posted..Joy Pockets CuatroMy Profile

4 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama September 12, 2011 at 4:37 pm

Thank you, Marie!

5 Bibi September 9, 2011 at 9:43 am

Those are the sweetest little moments, Charise. Those are the moments that truly matter. You have a beautiful family and happy life full of little loving moments….cherish them.

My youngest just turned 9 and he still stops whatever he’s doing few times a day just to say “I love you mommy”. Those are my sweetest moments,
Bibi recently posted..Meeting Celebrity Chef Corbin TomaszeskiMy Profile

6 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama September 12, 2011 at 4:37 pm

Thank you, Bibi!

To hear that from a 9 year old still must be INCREDIBLE!

7 Melissa September 9, 2011 at 9:51 am

I’m so glad you joined up, too :) Such a lovely idea, isn’t it?

Your Saturday morning sounds absolutely perfect, and I have to smile picturing the joy in your house as baby toddles about with favorite things in hand. I hope the week to come is even more joy-filled than this one!
Melissa recently posted..Moments of Joy: Hugs and RelaxationMy Profile

8 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama September 12, 2011 at 4:36 pm

Thanks, Melissa <3

9 michelle s. September 9, 2011 at 1:44 pm

We love how music creates a mood in our home too. We do not play ourselves, but try to expose the children to various genre of music. Big B looks as if he may have an ear for music, we’ll see….

such joy!
michelle s. recently posted..How to organize your jewelry! HomeGoods find!My Profile

10 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama September 12, 2011 at 12:44 pm

Music really is a joy!

11 Nancy September 9, 2011 at 5:11 pm

The best of times — you captured them very well. You have a sweet little boy. :)
Nancy recently posted..Morning Coffee.My Profile

12 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama September 12, 2011 at 12:41 pm

Thank you, Nancy!

13 Gaby @ Tmuffin September 9, 2011 at 8:57 pm

This was so sweet. I really felt each moment. It’s so nice to enjoy all the cute little things… like Baby walking around with dad’s boxers. That’s hilarious!
Gaby @ Tmuffin recently posted..INSPIRATION THURSDAY: A WAHM Business PlanMy Profile

14 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama September 12, 2011 at 12:40 pm

Thanks, Gaby!

15 MJ September 10, 2011 at 6:51 am

Wonderful pockets!! The video is too cute!! And what a little sweetie you have there, boy do I miss the waddle of a little one :).
Have a great weekend !
MJ recently posted..A Pocketful of Moments 9.9.11My Profile

16 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama September 12, 2011 at 12:39 pm

Thank you, MJ!

17 Monica {bohemian twilight} September 12, 2011 at 2:14 am

welcome to joy pockets!

LOVE your Saturday morning. and as a bookworm i adore that my girl loves books just as much as me. :)

p.s, joy pockets will be moving to my parenting blog for future Fridays.
Holistic Mama
Monica {bohemian twilight} recently posted..joy pockets #14My Profile

18 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama September 12, 2011 at 12:33 pm

Thank you!

I’ll be sure to link up at Holistic Mama again this week. <3

19 Kayla @ Furniture Stores Los Angeles September 26, 2011 at 4:11 pm

I hadn’t seen the first edition of this yet.. Cute, as usual! And reminds me that I think I have a library book overdue… Oops!!