Welcome back to Green & Natural Mamas Thursday! This is your opportunity to link up any natural parenting OR green living post that you have written (it doesn’t matter how long ago you wrote it), and to link up with other like-minded bloggers. We’ve been building a wonderful green and natural community here as we read and comment on each other’s posts. The linky will be open all week so keep coming back for more quality reading!
I would love if you could leave a comment on this post and include the Green & Natural Mamas Thursday button in your post or on your sidebar before linking up:
3 Ways to be a Green & Natural Mama Activist Right Now
1. Ask your Senator to co-sponsor the Breastfeeding Promotion Act today!
This will take 10 seconds of your time. Click on this MomsRising link to petition your Senator. Wouldn’t our world be a better place if we all had the following?
HR 2758 would increase breastfeeding in this country by giving all mothers who want to breastfeed unpaid time and private, clean spaces to express milk at work. The bill would also protect breastfeeding women from being fired or discriminated against in the workplace. If breastfeeding is made more accessible and acceptable in the workplace, more mothers are likely to provide such crucial nourishment to their children.
2. Support the Climate Reality Project!
Climate Reality Project is hosting 24 Hours of Reality September 14th-15th. This will be a global, live-streamed event, for 24 hours, in 24 different places – Al Gore along with 23 other speakers will be discussing climate change and dispelling false claims made by its deniers.
Click on this Climate Reality link to RSVP for the event, to like their Facebook page, follow them on Twitter, or to find out other ways you can support this very important cause.
3. Support the National Childhood Brain Tumor Prevention Network Act & Childhood Cancer Awareness Month!
– Read Childhood Cancer Awareness Month: Let’s Focus On Prevention on the Healthy Child, Healthy World web site so you can be aware of the best ways to try to prevent childhood cancer. Please share this important information with others.
– Connect with Mira’s Movement, a non-profit that supports kids with cancer, and follow their instructions on how to support the National Childhood Brain Tumor Prevention Network Act. Brain tumors are the leading cause of death from cancer in children.
Thank you for anything you choose to do to support these very important causes! Mamas can make a difference!
Link up your green living or natural parenting post below!