The Best Web Sites for Green and Natural Moms

I have found so many wonderful web sites and resources for moms since I became a mama 14 months ago. I wish someone had handed me a list of all of the sites I would love right from the beginning, so I thought I would share my favorites to help other new green and natural mamas out there.

Breastfeeding

Elizabeth Pantley

Cloth Diapers
Cottonbabies
All About Cloth Diapers

Feeding Baby and Toddlers
Baby Led Weaning
Baby-Led Weaning: The Essential Guide to Introducing Solid Foods – and Helping Your Baby to Grow Up a Happy and Confident Eater
Wholesome Toddler Food
WholesomeBaby Food Recipes
Wholesome Baby Food

Green and Healthy Family Living
Healthy Child, Healthy World
Moms Clean Air Force

Easy Activism for Moms
MomsRising

Deals on Green and Organic Children’s Products
EcoBabyBuys
Zulily
Pure Citizen
LovingEco (green deals for moms)
Diapers.com: We cloth diaper, so we use this site for the “Green Baby” section. They have all of the top green and natural product lines and free overnight shipping!
Etsy
The Peaceful Housewife: Green and homemade cleaners!

Children’s Activity Deals
GroupOn: I have found incredible deals on music classes and unlimited Gymboree use for Baby with GroupOn.
BuyWithMe: I have a voucher for StrollerStrides from BuyWithMe.
Juice in the City: Deals especially for moms found by moms in your area!
The local library: Free or heavily discounted library passes!
Savy Mamas: Healthy, active, organic, green, holistic & happy deals for moms and moms-to-be. Save up to 70% off while giving back to maternal health programs around the world.

Blogs for Green and Natural Moms
My favorite green and natural blogs are linked up on my Blogroll.

Web Sites Recommended by My Readers
The Zrecs Guide: A guide to safe children’s products.
The Smart Mama: Simple Steps to Non-Toxic Kids
24/7 Moms
National Vaccine Information Center
Peaceful Parenting
The Whole Network: Circumcision information
Birth Without Fear
Pinky McKay: Sleep and breastfeeding resource
Crafting a Green World: DIY for Environmentalists: Crafting, Making, Project How-to’s, and more.
Organic Baby University: Your Green, Non-Toxic Pregnancy Guide
Pledging for Change

I would love to add additional resources to this list, so if you have a favorite, please share in the comments section.

smiling toddler

We hope you enjoy our favorite web sites!

1 Momma Jorje August 23, 2011 at 12:42 pm

I was just going to say “You should totally make this a page of its own for reference!” but then I saw you already included it in “Going Greener.” I should have known. ;-)
Momma Jorje recently posted..Monday Minimalist: Digital MinimalismMy Profile

2 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama August 30, 2011 at 3:03 pm

Haha – thanks, Jorje!

3 Lana @ Dentist West Hollywood August 23, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Great links, thanks for the post! I’m always looking for new info about going green :)

4 Elle August 24, 2011 at 12:50 pm

This is a good list that you have organized. I have stumbled this post, thanks so much for stumbling mine as well.
Elle recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: Oh No! Summer is Almost Over (w/ LINKY)My Profile

5 Laura August 24, 2011 at 2:08 pm

Great list of resources, thanks for sharing! Stumbled! ;-)
Laura recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: Fruits, Nuts and ChapulinesMy Profile

6 Alison Golden - The Secret Life of a Warrior Woman August 24, 2011 at 2:40 pm

“The Leaky Boob!” That’s a good name for a website. ;-)
Alison Golden – The Secret Life of a Warrior Woman recently posted..10 Foods To Remove From Your Diet To Regain Your HealthMy Profile

7 Heather August 24, 2011 at 3:27 pm

What a fabulous resource!

8 Kristl Story August 24, 2011 at 4:19 pm

What a wonderful resource! stumbled!
Kristl Story recently posted..Cheese and Corn Quesadilla RecipeMy Profile

9 Jessica | Cloth Diapering Mama August 24, 2011 at 5:03 pm

GREAT list!!! We’re so lucky to have so many wonderful resources to support our parenting choices ;)
Jessica | Cloth Diapering Mama recently posted..Wordless Wednesday~ Our Redwood Forest ExperienceMy Profile

10 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama August 30, 2011 at 3:07 pm

Thank you! I agree!

11 Amy ~ Eat. Live. Laugh. Shop. August 24, 2011 at 6:21 pm

What a great resource! Thank you for compiling this!

12 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama August 30, 2011 at 3:07 pm

You are very welcome ;-)

13 Allison August 25, 2011 at 3:13 pm

Hello! This list is great! I do want to let you all know about Savy Mamas – we offer healthy, active, holistic green, natural & happy deals for moms! We just launched at the end of July, and have some awesome deals in the works. You can get $5 shopping credit just for signing up by August 31st – free to sign up! Hope this helps! Here is the website: http://www.savymamas.com

14 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama August 30, 2011 at 3:09 pm

This sound so great! Thanks for sharing. I’ll check it out today!

15 Jennifer at Organic Baby University August 26, 2011 at 12:13 pm

My site is http://www.organicbabyuniversity.com! We are the only site that focuses on avoiding harmful everyday chemicals during pregnancy with fun, animated, free videos! We do have a baby class as well for once the baby is born! We would love for you and your readers to check us out! We have two classes, Organic Pregnancy Class and Organic Baby Class, free checklists and guides, safe product suggestions, a forum and more!

16 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama August 30, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Thank you! I will add you to the list!

17 Jennifer at Organic Baby University August 30, 2011 at 3:25 pm

Thanks so much! We love your site and visit and recommend often (:

18 Jennifer at Organic Baby University September 2, 2011 at 4:47 pm

Would you be open to adding “Your Green, Non-Toxic Pregnancy Guide” next to our link so people will know what we do? Thanks you soooo much! I LOVE wholesome baby food by the way! You don’t see it recommended a lot …I am glad to see it on your site!

19 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama September 2, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Done!

20 Bob Lipply@clearwater homes October 2, 2011 at 1:15 pm

The sites looks fantastic, thanks for sharing the green links. Babies deserves the safest treatment and the best care and referring such websites is surely going to be a great help for parents. I’ll certainly share the links with my folks.