Wordless Wednesday: My June Baby Enjoys the Great Outdoors

Baby and adults at a barbecue

Baby enjoys having barbecues with friends.

Baby in carrier with mom by river

Baby continues to love mama rides outside.

Baby plays with a stick in the grass

Baby is already finding the magic in little bits of nature!

Baby sits on grass and smiles

Baby loves playing in the grass.

Baby holds a stick and smiles

Baby thinks sticks are amazing!

Baby with parents at festival

Baby enjoys outdoor festivals like Mama and Dada!

Baby plays drums at festival

Baby thinks it's even more fun to play drums outside!

You can also see Baby in Natural Parent Network’s Wordless Wednesday feature: Exploring Food

Link up your Wordless Wednesday posts below!

1 Devan @ Accustomed Chaos June 8, 2011 at 9:05 am

Looks like it was a beautiful day! I LOVE watching the babes enjoy the grass :)
Devan @ Accustomed Chaos recently posted..Wordless- Summer Fun link your postsMy Profile

2 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama June 8, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Yes, there’s really nothing like seeing the little ones explore in the grass :-)

3 TheInfoMouse June 8, 2011 at 9:48 am

Thanks so much for hosting Wordless Wednesday!

4 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama June 8, 2011 at 2:23 pm

You’re welcome! Love your WW pic today!

5 Jenn Collins @ Monkey Butt Junction June 8, 2011 at 9:57 am

I love the pictures of baby with sticks. Natures wonders really are that – wonders! I love seeing things through the eyes of our little ones and remembering how small things were so magical back then.
Jenn Collins @ Monkey Butt Junction recently posted..A short story- and a cloth diaper questionMy Profile

6 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama June 8, 2011 at 2:23 pm

Me too! It’s the best!

7 April June 8, 2011 at 10:20 am

Looks like some great times! We love outdoor festivals too!
April recently posted..Wordless Wednesday – Say Ahh!My Profile

8 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama June 8, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Thanks, April! Yes, it’s been an awesome June so far!

9 Tammy June 8, 2011 at 11:17 am

Your little guy is adorable! :) New follower following from FB! I just linked up with your WW! :)
Tammy recently posted..Wordless Wednesday – June 8th- 2011My Profile

10 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama June 8, 2011 at 2:22 pm

Thank you, Tammy, and thanks so much for being a new follower!

11 Eve June 8, 2011 at 11:38 am

Great photos, Charise! Handsome loves the grass and outdoor festivals too!
Eve recently posted..Zucchini Bread and Nature’s CandyMy Profile

12 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama June 8, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Thanks, Eve! Sounds like Handsome has excellent taste :-)

13 Rachael June 8, 2011 at 11:54 am

Looks like you’re enjoying the summer so far (or late spring, whatever)! Stay cool today, though!

14 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama June 8, 2011 at 2:21 pm

We certainly are! Thanks, Rachael :-)

15 Jessica | Cloth Diapering Mama June 8, 2011 at 1:48 pm

that drumming picture is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama June 8, 2011 at 2:19 pm

Thank you! I love it too. We actually got him a drum for his birthday, so I think he will be pretty excited :-)

17 OneMommy June 8, 2011 at 2:47 pm

He looks like he is enjoying his summer!

18 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama June 9, 2011 at 9:01 pm

He really is – and so am I!

19 Maria June 8, 2011 at 8:58 pm

I think sticks are pretty cool too! I am looking forward to getting out more this summer.
Maria recently posted..Wordless WednesdayMy Profile

20 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama June 9, 2011 at 9:01 pm

I do too, Maria ;-)

21 Momma Jorje June 8, 2011 at 9:20 pm

Visiting from Natural Parents Network!

I LOVE the magic in nature pic! Great capture of some exploration.

As for the sticks, have you seen the Eyelike Nature series of board books? They have one all about sticks! Its ISBN is 9781602141032 (so you can search your library, Google, or whatever).

22 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama June 9, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Jorje, thanks so much for that book rec! I just looked it up and it looks PERFECT! I am so getting that for Baby!

23 Brenna @ Almost All The Truth June 8, 2011 at 11:05 pm

Great photos! Of course everything is much better when you can get outdoors, especially now that he is turning 1!
Brenna @ Almost All The Truth recently posted..Three little owls help me reconnect with natureMy Profile

24 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama June 9, 2011 at 8:59 pm

Thanks! So true, Brenna!

25 Michelle @ The Parent Vortex June 9, 2011 at 12:56 am

My 4yo still LOVES sticks, and often brings home a whole collection. I’m hoping for a few more festivals this summer, I love dancing to music outdoors and there has not been much of that since my second was born. Glad to see you guys enjoying the outdoors!

26 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama June 9, 2011 at 8:59 pm

Thanks, Michelle! So cute that your 4 year old brings home collections of sticks!

27 Megan L June 9, 2011 at 8:21 am

Visiting from Natural Parents Network!
Looks like your June baby (happy birthday!) has been having fun and enjoying the weather!
Megan L recently posted..Wordless Wednesday- Blueberry Beard and Mamas Sweet PotatoMy Profile

28 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama June 9, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Thanks, Megan!

29 Brittany@Mama's Felt Cafe June 9, 2011 at 10:58 am

Oh the joys of being 1. I still think sticks are pretty amazing.
Brittany@Mama’s Felt Cafe recently posted..Guest Post and Giveaway at The Natural Parents NetworkMy Profile

30 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama June 9, 2011 at 8:58 pm