As you can tell, this week’s blog posts are dedicated to all things Baby’s first birthday. This is such a special milestone, and we’re just basking in the amazingness of our son! What better way to honor our little one’s miraculous place in our world by starting with their first birthdays to establish the tradition of including green and natural gifts in our celebrations!
Here are a few of the green and natural gifts that Baby received for his first birthday this week:
1. Pintoy Cargo Truck:
With all of the hazards of plastic, I love that Baby has a beautiful wooden ride on toy! I also appreciate that Pintoy tests against the European toy safety standard EN71 to ensure physical and mechanical safety, and freedom from hazardous lead and heavy metal migration. They manufacture their products from rubberwood, an environmentally friendly choice.
2. Green Start Book Towers: Little Learning Books: 10 Chunky Books Made from 98% Recycled Materials:
Baby is loving these colorful, chunky books, and I love that they are almost fully made from recycled materials.
3. Skip Hop Zoo Lunchie Insulated Lunch Bag, Dog:
We’re on the go so often and many of Baby’s favorite foods need to be kept cold. Rather than use plastic or paper bags to transport his food, we now have this adorable monkey lunch bag. Baby loves to see his favorite animal, and I love that the bag is PVC, Phthalate, and BPA free!
4. Green Messaging Clothing: We love to share our mission with the world!
5. Homemade Keepsake Cards: Rather than buying a new paper product, why not construct your own keepsake card from materials you have at home? We love this beautiful card!
6. Reusable bags as gift wrapping: One of Baby’s gifts came in an adorable monkey bag. This gave Baby more of his favorite animal to look at, and it gave Mama another reusable shopping bag for the grocery store!
7. Art that celebrates nature!: As you may have noticed from past blog posts, we are big fans of nature. Also, Baby particularly loves sticks, so we couldn’t resist the stunningly clever art of my friend – Brooklyn-based artist, Laura Lofaro’s company: Arbor Arts NYC. Laura created gorgeous, framed art of Baby’s name written in “tree art”. If you are a nature lover, you will adore this distinctive concept.
8. Organic sleepwear or sleepwear without flame retardants: Baby doesn’t wear sleepwear with dangerous flame retardant chemicals, so we really appreciated the gifts of organic sleepwear and pajamas that include the bright yellow tag stating they were made without flame retardants.
9. Baby’s very own garden plant: Baby and I love checking on the growth of his organic tomato plant, and it will give us a reason to go outside together every day this summer!
10. A special memory or experience: Memories of new traditions and special days don’t take up space or materials and they last forever! How about a membership to a fun museum? I took Baby to the Children’s Museum on his birthday, and we had an unforgettable days.
We started the tradition of Baby and I going out to breakfast to eat pancakes and waffles on his birthday morning.
Dada started the tradition of making a whole grain pizza as Baby’s birthday pie for dinner!
For more green gift ideas, visit Healthy Child, Healthy World.
Do you have natural and green birthday gifts for a one year old that you can recommend?
This post contains affiliate links.