My Greatest Accomplishment

RememberRED is a memoir meme. This week’s assignment was to tell the story, without any trivialization or modesty, of something in your life that you are proud of.

I will immodestly state that I believe I have achieved many accomplishments throughout my thirtysomething years that engender pride, but when faced with the question of choosing the thing in my life that I am most proud of, the decision was incredibly easy.

I am wholeheartedly, unquestionably, and exceptionally most proud of my family.

I am proud that I learned from my mistakes and loved myself enough to let the most amazing man into my heart. My husband is kind, loving, fair, helpful, thoughtful, generous, adorable, fun, intelligent, and respectful – just to name a few of his qualities. I am so proud that I did not settle for anything less in a life partner.

I am proud of my family’s home. We began our life together in a city condo that was perfect for us, and we now live in a house in the woods that fits all of our needs and desires. My husband and I have created a wonderful home for our son to grow up in.

I am proud of my marriage. We’ve had challenging circumstances to deal with at times, and I really believe our relationship has only grown stronger in response. I’ve never once had an inkling of doubt in our ability to make the most of life together, regardless of what is thrown at us.

I am proud of our son. In my eyes, he has been nothing less than perfect since his inception. He is only ten months old, but we already know that he is kind, thoughtful, funny, bright, silly, tender, affectionate, loving, and curious.

I am proud of my parenting. As a mama who does her very best to incorporate natural parenting and green living into our daily lives, I know I often follow a more difficult path, but I love knowing that I am making the right choices for our family by making sure all of my decisions sit right in my head, my heart, and my gut. Regardless of pressure from external sources, I always follow my instincts when it comes to parenting.

I am proud that although I have always been driven to accomplish as much as possible academically and throughout my career, I recognize that I now have the ultimate job for me as a mama. I have let go of the need to advance and allow myself to experience the pure joy of being a stay at home mama.

I am proud that I am so content with my family. Being content is a phrase that I never would have used to describe myself before Baby arrived. Now, I savor every moment, appreciate every day, and live fully in the present thanks to my amazing family and everything they give me.

Family

My pride and joy

1 Kelly May 3, 2011 at 12:49 pm

Beautiful family – you definitely have a lot to be proud of! :D

2 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama May 3, 2011 at 2:06 pm

Thank you, Kelly! :-)

3 Ashley May 3, 2011 at 2:31 pm

Nothing is more important than family. It is something to be most proud of. Congrats!
Ashley recently posted..Cook to WriteMy Profile

4 Jessica | Cloth Diapering Mama May 3, 2011 at 2:32 pm

You should be proud…you have a gorgeous family and wonderful spirit…something that most moms yearn for!
Jessica | Cloth Diapering Mama recently posted..Survival Guide to the Family Vacation 10 tips!My Profile

5 OneMommy May 3, 2011 at 2:37 pm

A beautiful post. It is important to take time to acknowledge our accomplishments. And you are so right about needing to be content.

6 Brenna @ Almost All The Truth May 3, 2011 at 2:37 pm

Very sweet post! There can’t be much better than being proud of your family and your life together. :)
Brenna @ Almost All The Truth recently posted..Make Things Monday- Make These Toys Review and Giveaway…My Profile

7 Kim May 3, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Just lovely. Really. I almost felt like you were whispering this to me as your baby napped.
Came from TRDC.
Kim recently posted..All AboardMy Profile

8 MamaP May 3, 2011 at 5:55 pm

This warms my heart – thank you for loving my son and grandson just like you do!

9 Christina Simon May 3, 2011 at 8:24 pm

Beautifully written! And, gorgeous picture of you and your family!
Christina Simon recently posted..Guest blogger Jenny- Found- A Note- An Artifact From The World Of A Post Modern MomMy Profile

10 Alison@Mama Wants This May 3, 2011 at 9:48 pm

You certainly have a lot to be proud of. Beautiful family!
Alison@Mama Wants This recently posted..How @Twitter has RuinedMyLifeMy Profile

11 SoberJulie May 3, 2011 at 10:01 pm

You have much to be proud of indeed!

12 Melody@ Life's Twisted Stitches.com May 3, 2011 at 11:02 pm

You are amazing. I think you are very wise to know the value in your husband so immensely. Also, your green perspective on parenting is likely to be a lifesaver in this world we live in today. You have EVERYTHING to be proud of!
Melody@ Life’s Twisted Stitches.com recently posted..World Autism Day- What Are My Kids Special Needs Really LikeMy Profile

13 Melissa @ The New Mommy Files May 4, 2011 at 7:35 am

I heave really been enjoying your rememberRED posts, and this one is no exception. <3
Melissa @ The New Mommy Files recently posted..The Kombucha Post- or How I Finally Became a Card-Carrying HippieMy Profile

14 The Damsel in Dis Dress May 4, 2011 at 10:56 am

It’s wonderful that you recognize how blessed you are. Thanks!
The Damsel in Dis Dress recently posted..live off your own landMy Profile

15 Branson May 4, 2011 at 2:25 pm

It is good to tat the time to appreciate our accomplishments… especially the really important ones like a loving family! You are definitely blessed :)
Branson recently posted..GUEST POST- What I Didnt Know I Didnt KnowMy Profile

16 Frelle May 4, 2011 at 3:37 pm

a beautiful tribute to your family, thank you for sharing!

17 Laura May 4, 2011 at 11:13 pm

Lovely post and beautiful photo of you and your family. Your son is such a cutie, you definitely have a lot to be proud of. Thanks for sharing!

18 Kristl Story May 5, 2011 at 4:18 pm

This would be a great exercise on a blah day…making a list of what you’re proud of! Your list is beautifully written!
Kristl Story recently posted..Tres Leches – A Great Cinco de Mayo Dessert!My Profile