My 1st Mother’s Day Gifts and Fun!

Today is my 1st Mother’s Day, and it has been filled with gifts and fun! I am pretty ecstatic to be joining all of the mamas out there this year, and Hubby and Baby have been celebrating me in a big way. I’m feeling very loved and pampered!

After sleeping in a bit, Hubby and Baby presented me with the most beautiful homemade card. It contained this gorgeous poem written by Baby (with the help of Dada):

A Poem for My Mama
It’s so familiar yet so different at the same time
The smell, the touch, the sound
Your eyes upon mine
Reflections of my love abound
The past, the present, the future entwined
You and I will never be unwound

WOW, right??? I’m so lucky!

Mother's Day card and mug with baby's pictures

My beautiful Mother's Day card and gift

Don’t you love my 1st Mother’s Day mug? Hubby and Baby got it from Vistaprint, which never disappoints! They also got me five yoga classes (the gift I was secretly wishing for) – yay!

We’ve had so much fun today, and the day is far from done. We had breakfast at Hard Rock Cafe Boston, went to the New England Aquarium, and had lunch at Quincy Market. Here’s a peek at our day so far:

Mama, Hubby, and Baby with giant penguin

Breakfast at Hard Rock included a visit from a penguin who wandered over from the aquarium.

Mama, Baby, and penguins at the aquarium

Baby loved the penguins at the aquarium!

Baby and fish tank

Baby was fascinated by the fish tanks!

Baby sees a starfish for the first time.

Baby met a starfish for the first time. Then he crushed the poor thing in his hand.

Mother and baby in front of fish tank

Mama and Baby love to see fish!

Happy Mother’s Day to all of the mamas out there!

1 Isil May 8, 2011 at 3:50 pm

Looks like you had a great fun! Happy Mother’s Day!
Isil recently posted..Things I loved this weekMy Profile

2 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama May 8, 2011 at 3:54 pm

I really did, thanks! Happy Mother’s Day to you too!

3 MamaP May 8, 2011 at 4:15 pm

Yes, you are lucky to have such a wonderful Baby and Hubby and deserve nothing short of wonderful. Sounds like a super day!

4 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama May 8, 2011 at 5:12 pm

Thank you! Happy Mother’s Day, MomP! xoxo

5 savannahsnanny May 8, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Happy 1st Mothers Day Charise…you are having a super day with your beautiful little family…God Bless all of you, June Ann

6 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama May 8, 2011 at 5:15 pm

Thank you! Happy Mother’s Day to you! xo

7 Cindy May 8, 2011 at 6:26 pm

The aquarium was one of my favorite places to bring my babies when they were little! I loved being able to bring them up close to the tanks and see their reaction. BTW, if you’re planning to go there more than a couple times a year, it totally makes sense to buy a membership. Then you never have to wait in line!

Nice meeting you yesterday!

Cindy
Cindy recently posted..Do You Need a Facebook Page for Your Blog Yes And NoMy Profile

8 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama May 8, 2011 at 8:30 pm

We were actually looking at the membership option today. It really is a good deal!

I hope you had a wonderful Mother’s Day!

9 Melissa @ The New Mommy Files May 8, 2011 at 11:37 pm

What a sweet,, sweet poem! So glad you’ve had a special day!
Melissa @ The New Mommy Files recently posted..This Moment- May DayMy Profile

10 Jessica | Cloth Diapering Mama May 9, 2011 at 12:03 am

OMG…you guys looked so happy!!! What an amazing day and a beautiful poem. You’ll have to put that right into your treasure box to be pulled out in 20 years ;)

Happy First Mothers Day!!!
Jessica | Cloth Diapering Mama recently posted..Green Easter- Green Living- Green Mother’s Day!My Profile

11 Conny May 10, 2011 at 7:05 am

It seems that it was a very cool 1st Mother’s Day. Wish you the best for the next 100 ;-)

12 Janey@Personalised GIfts September 7, 2011 at 6:52 am

Awh this is so sweet! It looks like you had a fantastic Mothers Day. The pictures are also great, you have beautiful son! Next year has a lot to live up to eh!

13 James @ custom aquariums April 12, 2012 at 8:34 am

You are very lucky to have a wonderful child and a loving husband. Props to your hubby for being a good husband. Everyone should always show their appreciation to their mothers.
James @ custom aquariums recently posted..Hot New Product from Cobalt Aquatics this April 2012My Profile