Best Natural and Organic Face Soap?

Drum roll please… After trying many, many facial cleansers, I feel 100% confident in saying that the best natural and organic face soap for me is:

Organic Coconut Oil!

I like the organic coconut oil from Whole Foods‘s 365 brand. A 16 fluid ounce tub is currently $9.99 in my area and it lasts for a long time. We keep one tub of coconut oil in our kitchen for cooking purposes and one in our bathroom for cleansing and moisturizing.

I’ve posted about the many benefits of coconut oil before, but I have to say that other than cooking, my very favorite way to use it is as facial cleanser. When I first get in the shower I apply it to my face and neck. I rinse it off as my very last step in the showering process so it has time to sink into my skin. My skin feels soft, moisturized, and very clean after each wash. My skin is on the drier side, so it means a lot for me to say that my skin feels moisturized before even applying any facial moisturizer.

Besides the cosmetic benefits, it makes me feel really good to know that when Baby plants his frequent open mouth kisses all over my face, he’s not ingesting toxins. Instead, he’s actually getting a taste of highly beneficial fatty acids and lauric acid.

If you’re wondering about the true cleansing ability of coconut oil, you can rest easy knowing that it is antibacterial, antimicrobial, antioxidant, and antifungal.

Give it a try and let me know what you think!

S.P.L.A.S.H

1 Maria May 12, 2011 at 3:15 pm

I am curious… if it is oil does it rinse easily? I just picture that filmy oil and water thing. Does that happen?
Maria recently posted..A Post About Oh! What a pretty bird!My Profile

2 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama May 12, 2011 at 3:22 pm

Such a good question! It doesn’t feel completely rinsed as a typical face soap would feel at the end of my shower, but by the time I’m at the point of applying moisturizer to my face about 5 minutes later, the coconut oil is completely absorbed. My skin just feels soft.

3 Kelly May 12, 2011 at 8:36 pm

How awesome to know this!

I have been wanting to use a new facial cleanser and haven’t gotten a chance to do the research yet, but coconut oil sounds fine to me!

I’ll definitely be giving this a try – thanks Charise!
Kelly recently posted..Dandelion Flower TeaMy Profile

4 Jessica | Cloth Diapering Mama May 14, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Charise!

GREATTTTTTTTTT tips… I’m newly obsessed with coconut oil. Works wonders on any sort of diaper rash…
chapped lips…
my favorite facial moisturizer by far…and body too!!
going to wash my face with it today…thanks for the awesome idea!!
i use it as conditioner for my hair once a week…i do no-poo. again…love it!
Jessica | Cloth Diapering Mama recently posted..What does “sick” look like for youMy Profile

5 Tara @ Testosterone Treatment July 22, 2011 at 5:14 pm

Charise -

This sounds like it’s going to be my new favorite facial cleanser – I suffer from dry skin too and I’m always looking for a new remedy, especially one that will smell as good as this one!! Thanks for the tip :)

6 Bob Lipply@safety harbor homes September 19, 2011 at 2:19 am

I strongly believe about the great benefits we can get from coconut oil and even from the coconut tree. They say it’s a tree of life as all the parts of it have uses. Really amazing!

7 Eve September 19, 2011 at 9:19 am

This is great, I’m glad I re-read this post! I am allergic to just about every facial product, except Origins products because they’re all natural. I love them, but they can be pricey. I’ll definitely grab some coconut oil next time we’re at Whole Foods!
Eve recently posted..The Cool Kids’ Table – The Sound That Drives Me CrazyMy Profile

8 Shad@soul music June 21, 2012 at 11:37 am

Appreciate the recommendation. Let me try it out.
Shad@soul music recently posted..soul musicMy Profile