Wordless Wednesday: The Great Cloth Diaper Change 2011 (Plus Cloth Mama Jess & I meet for the 1st time!)

Baby, Hubby, and I were thrilled to be part of The Great Cloth Diaper Change 2011 on April 23rd.

According to the event web site:

Cloth diapers have come a long way in past 10 years. Thousands of families around the world celebrate Earth Day participating in the Great Cloth Diaper Change on Saturday, April 23rd, 2011 at 9AM PDT to set the world record for the most cloth diapers changed simultaneously. The effort garnered much media attention, further supporting efforts to spread the word about how fantastic reusable cloth diapers are for the environment, for babies, and for household finances. The event also raised much-needed funds for the Real Diaper Association, the 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to helping families find and use reusable cloth diapers.

Aside from all of the above fantastic reasons to enjoy the event, I was personally very excited to meet by dear blog friend, Jessica from Cloth Diapering Mama. We’ve been best blog friends since we both started our blogs within a week of each other, but we had never met in person since we live on opposite sides of the country. Due to Jessica’s travel to see family on the East Coast, we were able to meet up at Sloomb for the event.

It was so awesome to meet my blog friend, and it felt like we had known each other forever! I hope you enjoy a few pictures from our time at The Great Cloth Diaper Change, and I apologize for not being wordless this week!

Great Cloth Diaper Change

Cloth Mama Jess & I Thought I Knew Mama Charise with our boys!

Great Cloth Diaper Change 2

The Great Cloth Diaper Change crowd at Sloomb

Great Cloth Diaper Change 3

Baby making history!

Great Cloth Diaper Change 3

My little record setter

1 Momma Jorje April 27, 2011 at 9:28 am

Visiting from Natural Parents Network and Momma Jorje!

What a cool event! And besides, WordFUL Wednesday counts, too! :-D

There are definitely some bloggy friends I’d love to meet in person. Shoot, I’d love to go for a walk with your family!
Momma Jorje recently posted..Wordless Wednesday- Eggs!My Profile

2 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama April 27, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Awww… How awesome would it be for our families to go on a walk together? Hopefully, one day!

3 Jessica | Cloth Diapering Mama April 27, 2011 at 9:34 am

Jac was so cute kicking those little legs…he was excited to make history!!! Had a fabulous time!!! So glad to be a part of it together :) I’ll try to get my pics up very soon!!
Jessica | Cloth Diapering Mama recently posted..10 Things I’ve Learned from Cloth Mama JessMy Profile

4 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama April 27, 2011 at 4:59 pm

I’m so glad we were a part of such a special event together too!

5 Kelly April 27, 2011 at 9:47 am

Adorable! Glad you mamas got to meet in person…trying not to be jealous ;) At least we were all changing diapers together, wherever we were!
Kelly recently posted..Love Letter for a Bean – April 2011My Profile

6 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama April 27, 2011 at 5:00 pm

Maybe one day we can all meet up! <3

And yes, at least we were all changing cloth regardless of location!

7 Jenn Collins @ Monkey Butt Junction April 27, 2011 at 9:51 am

How cool that you got to participate in that event. It looks like it was really well-attended! I couldn’t find one local to me, sadly.
Jenn Collins @ Monkey Butt Junction recently posted..Wordless Wednesday- GrandmaMy Profile

8 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama April 27, 2011 at 5:01 pm

That’s too bad that there wasn’t a event near you! I’m sure you were there in spirit though ;-)

9 One Rich Mother April 27, 2011 at 12:27 pm

I have two of the same diaper, color and everything, that you used! They are by far my single favorite diaper in my house. I love putting an insert in them just before bedtime. The boys stay dry all night. great great diaper. : )
One Rich Mother recently posted..Wordless Wednesday- Here You Go HorsieMy Profile

10 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama April 27, 2011 at 5:01 pm

Love those diapers too! They just couldn’t be easier!

11 teresa April 27, 2011 at 5:57 pm

That looks like some chaotic fun!! I really admire the cloth diapering mama’s. I debated and debated and ended up chickening out. I regret it. You go girls!!
teresa recently posted..Wordless Wednesday- Size MattersMy Profile

12 Terri April 27, 2011 at 8:47 pm

Oh wow that looks like an incredible event – first time I heard of it. We were changing dipes all day long over in the Tropics though so I hope that counts! (my boy also has that exact same Bum Genius) I’m longing to meet some of my blogging friends too – anyone want to come to the Caribbean?
Terri recently posted..Wild Women Do!My Profile

13 Jason Greene@Big and Tall Shirts April 28, 2011 at 8:18 am

although a record about changing diapers doesn’t really do that much for me, it is a cool time. I used cloth diapers when i was growing up, and it is good to see that they are making a comeback and that they have gone through a few evolutions since then.
Jason Greene@Big and Tall Shirts recently posted..Welcome To The New SiteMy Profile

14 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama April 28, 2011 at 4:43 pm

Thanks, Jason. Yes, cloth diapers are making a big comeback and they’re unbelievably easy to use!

15 Petunia GreenBeans April 28, 2011 at 11:34 am

Woohoo! Your smiles say it all mamas! How cool for you two to come together at this event. I have to LMAO at the scene tho- all the mamas on the floor gettin’ their “change” on and the dads in the coffee clutch in the back! LOL!!!
Petunia GreenBeans recently posted..BIG Plans for my Earth Day Birthday 2011!! HUGE!! GINORMOUS!!My Profile

16 Charise @ I Thought I Knew Mama April 28, 2011 at 4:44 pm

LOL – I didn’t even notice the dads all hanging in the back! My hubby was our photographer, so I was very glad to have him there supporting us :-)

17 cloth diapers May 21, 2011 at 4:18 am

This event is inhibits strong family bonds for our planet’s betterment and our lives as well. Cloth diapers having a huge comeback internationally!

18 Sue@Cloth Diapers Reviews July 31, 2011 at 4:45 pm

Glad to see the word is getting out about the advantages of using cloth diapers. Hope next year attendance to The 2012 Great Cloth Diaper Change will be even larger. Thanks for attending and sharing your mama adventures through this blog!
Sue@Cloth Diapers Reviews recently posted..Thirsties Duo Wrap Snap Diaper Covers ReviewMy Profile