Random Act of Kindness: Let’s Support a Mama to Be!

As I mentioned last week in Random Acts of Kindness Month: For My Husband, I am taking part in Code Name: Mama’s March of Kindness. I hope you will all perform random acts of kindness whenever possible, and of course, I would love to hear about them in the Comments section or on Facebook!

Today, I would like to ask you all to support a mama to be that I’ve never communicated directly with, but that I think of every day. Every day, I wear a “mommy necklace” that I cherish so much because:
1. It was my first Christmas present from my son.
2. It is beautiful!

This necklace was made by Mission Mommyhood who blogs and has an Etsy shop. My husband, who helped Baby pick out my necklace, was really touched by Mission Mommyhood’s story when they purchased my necklace. She was making necklaces to save up enough money for fertility treatments in order to reach her dream of becoming a mama.

I have been thinking of Mission Mommyhood and hoping she was getting close to reaching her goal. Today, I checked out her site and saw that after three miscarriages, they have officially applied to adopt a baby from Ethiopia! I am so happy she will be experiencing mamahood soon!

If you would like to perform a random act of kindness today, please support this mama to be. Here are some ideas:
- Stop by her blog and sign up to follow Mission Mommyhood Ethiopia on GFC.
- Stop by her blog and leave her a comment showing your support. Feel free to let her know Charise at I Thought I Knew Mama sent you.
- Visit her Etsy shop and purchase one of her gorgeous necklacs.
- Make a small donation on her blog to support her adoption efforts.

Thank you all for being so kind! Please let me know if you do any of the above suggestions in the Comments section below. <3

1 Jessica @ Cloth diapering mama March 10, 2011 at 11:53 am

she has my support, i shared this on fb!
Jessica @ Cloth diapering mama recently posted..Birth Series Part 1 Anticipation of BirthMy Profile

2 Nicole Rivera March 10, 2011 at 3:30 pm

What a great story. I also love that it is random acts of kindness month – I had no idea!! I will hop on over to the Mission Mommyhood blog!!

Thanks for sharing!
Nicole Rivera recently posted..Dr Oz Speaks Up About Energy DrinksMy Profile

3 Bibi March 11, 2011 at 11:45 am

You are such a sweetheart. This is such a wonderful idea and gesture. I will make my way over there right now to show her support.
Bibi recently posted..Update – Bullying Stops Here Pink Shirt DayMy Profile

4 Julia March 11, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Thanks for letting us know about this future mama! I’ve just read her “Being a Mother” post and commented and also am following her now via GFC.

5 nana gee March 11, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Dearest Mama…
I am writing to let you know that I have tears streaming down my cheeks. YOU, my dear, are an angel and I love your ‘random act of kindness’ today. I, too, am touched by missionmommyhood’s journey, but my tears today… are because of YOU!
You see, missionmommyhood is my own daughter. It touches THIS Mama’s heart deeply to know that there are such wonderful people as YOU in this world. Thank-you and may God truly bless you and surround you with continued grace and happiness. Thank-your for helping to spread the word.
with love and admiration,
Nana Gee

6 I Thought I Knew Mama March 11, 2011 at 4:56 pm

Nana Gee, I can’t thank you enough for this heartfelt note! It means so much to me! You’ve really made my day. <3 I can't wait to hear all about your new grandchild very soon!
Love,
Charise

7 Katie March 11, 2011 at 7:26 pm

Hello there Charise! Don’t mind me, just wanted to give you an award for your blog as my random act of kindness:

Go here to recieve it! :)

I’ll be checking out mission mommyhood. :)
All the best,
Katie

8 Dionna @ Code Name: Mama March 12, 2011 at 11:39 am

This is SO kind Charise – what a thoughtful way to support another mama! Sharing :)

9 Zoie @ TouchstoneZ March 13, 2011 at 6:20 pm

This is a thoughtful way to express RAOK. I am sending her online support. Thank you for sharing this connection
Zoie @ TouchstoneZ recently posted..March of Kindness- The First Ten DaysMy Profile

10 Mason@Health Stories November 1, 2011 at 10:13 pm

It is really important to show kindness to other people in order to establish good relationship even they do not use to show it to you. You made a great post, lots of inspirations and information.
Mason@Health Stories recently posted..Natural Remedies For HeartburnMy Profile