Random Acts of Kindness Month: For My Husband

March of Kindness

This month, I am joining Code Name: Mama and many others in A March of Kindness. We are committing to performing one random act of kindness for someone – our child, our partner, a friend, a stranger, ourselves – every day for the month of March. We’ll be sharing updates about this on our blogs and on Facebook. Please feel free to join us by posting your own random acts of kindness in the comments sections of our posts, on our Facebook pages, or on your own blog if you have one!

For my first official random act of kindness, I would like to publicly recognize my husband for being one of the kindest, most supportive, and understanding people I have ever known. Jeff’s 35th birthday was on Sunday, and here’s what I really wanted to give him – a list of 35 reasons why I love him:

1. He is so non-judgmental. Jeff always gives people the benefit of the doubt.

2. He is the ultimate “Joe King”. Jeff tries to make Baby and I laugh and smile every chance he gets.

3. Jeff is an amazing father. He has been a naturally perfect father from the second Baby arrived, saying “Welcome to the World” and giving our baby his first real hug.

4. He works really hard, and does his job with so much care and concern for his company and colleagues. Our world would be a much better place if everyone performed their jobs with the ethics and dedication that my husband utilizes on a daily basis.

5. Jeff is very openminded!

6. He has a wonderful family that I am proud to now be a part of.

7. Jeff understands me and somehow loves me unfailingly despite my weirdness and shortcomings.

8. Call it cliche, but he inspires me to be a better person every day.

9. Jeff really cares about all three of us being healthy people and making healthy choices on a daily basis.

10. I can hang out with him all the time and be content.

11. Jeff always appreciates the beauty of nature and helps me see things I wouldn’t notice otherwise.

12. He couldn’t look happier to see Baby and me when he walks in the door from work.

13. Jeff’s a great guitar player, and Baby loves to watch him play.

14. He’s exactly the kind of man I want Baby to grow up to be.

15. He loves our cats and treats them much better than I these days.

16. We have the same priorities, values, and dreams.

17. I would have never made it through the first couple of weeks of breastfeeding without his help.

18. He cooks more than I do.

19. Jeff is so kind to everyone.

20. Life has been easier and more peaceful that I ever thought it could be since I met him.

21. He is bearing the stress of being the sole income in our household so I can be a stay at home mom.

22. Jeff encourages me to do everything I ever want to do and motivates me to stick with it.

23. I would not be blogging and writing had he not come up with the idea and encouraged it.

24. He’s really smart.

25. And incredibly humble.

26. I truly feel like we are equal partners in our marriage.

27. Jeff is curious and inquisitive and loves learning like I do.

28. He gives really good back rubs. Baby agrees too.

29. He puts our family first always.

30. Jeff loves his friends and family and always wants the best for them.

31. He’s up for anything.

32. And good at almost everything he does.

33. I know I’ll always feel thankful and lucky for having him in my life.

34. Our baby thinks he’s a rock star.

35. He’s ours.

honeymoon castle

A honeymoon shot

1 Dionna @ Code Name: Mama March 4, 2011 at 1:20 pm

This is so sweet!! You and your hubby are both lucky :) Thank you for committing to kindness with us! I look forward to your updates.
Dionna @ Code Name: Mama recently posted..Families- Create! Make and Play Carnival- March Call for SubmissionsMy Profile

2 sandra March 4, 2011 at 1:59 pm

You are a very lucky girl! I am really happy for you.
Sandra
sandra recently posted..Never Thought I Would Be HomelessMy Profile

3 Katie March 4, 2011 at 3:23 pm

This is so incredbly wonderful. Thank you for taking the time to share your kindness. You and your husband are both so lucky to have each other.

4 Jacki March 4, 2011 at 3:46 pm

He sounds lucky a wonderful person. Enjoy him and good luck with those random acts of kindness.

5 Caren with a "C" March 4, 2011 at 4:11 pm

What a great list! I’m sure your husband will cherish it. I think a list like that is a wonderful birthday gift to give someone.
Caren with a “C” recently posted..Baby Showers- Bulk Pantry Storage- Gardening- and RoutinesMy Profile

6 shelley March 4, 2011 at 9:50 pm

what a beautiful tribute to your husband! i hope you share that same joy and sentiment for many more years to come! and happy birthday to your special guy!
*smiles,
shelley
shelley recently posted..5 reasons why I am so glad Zach got his show from OprahMy Profile

7 Jessica @ Clothdiaperingmama March 5, 2011 at 1:40 am

WOW! He cooks, plays guitar and he’s always in a good mood…you are one lucky lady! How did he like that list?

8 Anastasia March 5, 2011 at 7:06 am

What a great idea and your list is so amazing. I’m visiting from 31DBB on SITs. Have a great weekend!

9 Greener Cleaning Mom March 5, 2011 at 10:58 pm

He must feel so honored. It’s a beautiful list. What a great way to celebrate his birthday.
Greener Cleaning Mom recently posted..How I Clean a Cheesy Casserole Dish with Natural Cleaning ProductsMy Profile

10 Brenna @ Almost All The Truth March 6, 2011 at 1:02 am

That was so sweet! It sounds like you are both lucky to have each other. :)
Brenna @ Almost All The Truth recently posted..Happy Birthday to my super 7 year old!My Profile

11 Bibi March 7, 2011 at 1:02 pm

That is one of the sweetest posts I read lately. Your husband sounds like a wonderful man and both of you are so lucky to find each other.

And I don’t think it’s a cliche to say that your husband inspires you to be a better person. I think it’s amazing . I feel the same way about my husband and my kids.
Bibi recently posted..Top 10 Free Vegas Family AttractionsMy Profile

12 Zoie @ TouchstoneZ March 13, 2011 at 6:15 pm

Thank you for sharing this for MOK. This is such a loving list. You are lucky to have your partner and he much be pretty durn lucky to have someone who recognized and writes all of these beautiful things about him.

I look forward to reading your experiences over the month.
Zoie @ TouchstoneZ recently posted..March of Kindness- The First Ten DaysMy Profile

13 Kristen @ Adventures in Mommyhood March 19, 2011 at 10:35 pm

What a sweet list! Sounds like you have a great husband. I’ve been trying to show more kindness to my husband for the March of Kindness. I like the idea of this list, maybe I’ll give one to him.
Kristen @ Adventures in Mommyhood recently posted..March of Kindness- Following Beanies LeadMy Profile