10 Natural Baby Items I Love

Welcome to the March Carnival of Natural Parenting: Natural Parenting Top 10 Lists

This post was written for inclusion in the monthly Carnival of Natural Parenting hosted by Hobo Mama and Code Name: Mama. This month our participants have shared Top 10 lists on a wide variety of aspects of attachment parenting and natural living. Please read to the end to find a list of links to the other carnival participants.

***

1. Hypnobabies:
This is how I stayed calm and positive and focused during my pregnancy. It was also my first true exposure to some natural parenting thinking.

2. Aden + Anais Swaddle Blankets:
I don’t go anywhere without at least one of these blankets. The 100% cotton muslin material is natural and breathable, and they fulfill so many purposes. They were our swaddle blankets when the other blankets became too small. They are also my nursing covers, Baby’s sun protectors, playmats, burp cloths, and wraps.

3. The No Cry Sleep Solution:
This book provided me with a variety of ways to help Baby sleep. Its approach is openminded and non-judgmental.

4. KellyMom:
I know that this isn’t exactly a product, but I know that I wouldn’t be approaching the milestone of 9 months of exclusive breastfeeding (with the exception of some Baby Led Weaning now) without this web site. I turned to KellyMom with all of my frequent and random breastfeeding questions, and I always found excellent information that I could trust here.

5. Baby Led Weaning: Helping Your Baby to Love Good Food:
If you’ve read my post about our success with Baby Led Weaning and my tips for starting BLW, you know that I’m a big fan of this approach. The book provides all of the information a new mom needs to get started.

6. Hyland’s Homeopathic Kid’s Kit:
I think this is the easiest way possible to safely give homeopathic medicine a try. The kit comes with six of the most common homeopathic remedies, as well as easy to understand instructions.

7. Organic Baby Couture Sleep Sacs:
If you’ve read about the flame retardant chemicals in children’s sleepwear, you will appreciate this 100% certified organic cotton sleep sac. It’s warm and adorable and super long so Baby can comfortably wear it for quite some time.

8. Eric Carle’s Books:
Baby loves these books so much, and I love the fact that he is learning about animals and the natural world so early on through vibrant illustrations and soothing words. We can’t wait to visit The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art in the Spring!

9. Sophie the Giraffe:
Sophie is one of the great loves of Baby’s life so far! He loves biting her and playing with her, and I love that he is chewing on 100% natural rubber and food paint.

10. BabyLegs:
BabyLegs are so cute and have been so helpful for layering and diaper changes.

***

Carnival of Natural Parenting -- Hobo Mama and Code Name: MamaVisit Hobo Mama and Code Name: Mama to find out how you can participate in the next Carnival of Natural Parenting!

Please take time to read the submissions by the other carnival participants:

(This list will be live and updated by afternoon March 8 with all the carnival links.)

1 Ana @Pandamoly March 8, 2011 at 9:14 am

Great list! I am in love with Sophie the Giraffe at least as much as my little man is. I’ve referred to KellyMom, too, countless times to determine “If it’s safe” or “Why did that happen.” We haven’t started using our Hyland’s yet, but I did pick up the teething tablets, hoping they work for us just as well as everyone says! It sounds like you’re a fantastic mama : )
Ana @Pandamoly recently posted..The Pandas’ Top Ten Crunch-osophiesMy Profile

2 Megan L March 8, 2011 at 9:29 am

I love your top ten! Quite a few of the items are favorites in our house, too! I also used hypnobabies to prepare for my daughter’s birth, and I found invaluable. I plan to use it again next time.

3 Caren with a "C" March 8, 2011 at 12:41 pm

I shared your post on my Facebook page. I wish I had had information like this when I was having my babies.
Caren with a “C” recently posted..Pink Lemons and Blueberries!My Profile

4 Jenny March 8, 2011 at 12:44 pm

I’ve heard of/tried most of these things but I didn’t know there was a Hyland’s kid’s kit! I am so lost every time one of my kids gets sick, not sure what to try, and unable to afford a cart full of herbs and things all at once from Earth Fare. I will have to order one of these soon (now that cold season is over–ha). I’m glad to hear the Aden & Anais swaddling cloths are so good. I didn’t have any for my daughters but for this baby (coming in about a month) we have five washed and ready to go. I love them already, they are so soft and sweet.

5 Amanda @ Let's Take the Metro March 8, 2011 at 2:45 pm

We love Eric Carle’s books too! I’ve heard good things about the homeopathic starter kit but I’ve been hesitant to buy it. Thanks for the recommendation!

6 Luschka @ Diary of a First Child March 8, 2011 at 2:58 pm

There’s a lot on the list I don’t know, but then the ones I do, I totally agree – Hypnobirth is fab, Kellymom is a great resource, and yeah! baby! for baby led weaning! :)
Luschka @ Diary of a First Child recently posted..Attachment Parenting In NatureMy Profile

7 Lauren@Hobo Mama March 8, 2011 at 3:51 pm

I love Hypnobabies, too! I’m going through it again right now for this next birth. It kept me so calm. I didn’t know there was an Eric Carle museum — how cool! I was actually really sad when my son outgrew the real need and the desire to wear Babylegs. Those things are awesome, and so cute.
Lauren@Hobo Mama recently posted..March Carnival of Natural Parenting- Top 10 reasons to choose midwifery careMy Profile

8 Jennifer a Hybrid Rasta Mama March 8, 2011 at 4:19 pm

This is fantastic list!!!! I LOVE babylegs to no end. They are super cute, especially when baby is bare butt! :)

9 Brenna @ Almost All The Truth March 8, 2011 at 9:24 pm

Ok, this list is *almost* making me wish I had a chance for a new baby again. Almost. Good thing that is not going to happen. ;)

My 2.5 year old just rediscovered Sophie again and has been a constant companion for the last several months. That has got to be one of the best baby gifts. Love most of the others too (some I haven’t tried).
Brenna @ Almost All The Truth recently posted..It’s International Women’s Day 2011!My Profile

10 Melissa @ The New Mommy Files March 9, 2011 at 10:57 am

I love this list! Hypnobabies was a lifesaver for me, too! Kelly Mom is definitely my go to for breastfeeding advice, and The Very Hungry Caterpillar is my daughter’s favorite book! :) Great,, great recommendations!
Melissa @ The New Mommy Files recently posted..Whats New Wednesday- Last Wednesday of the First Year!My Profile

11 Dionna @ Code Name: Mama March 9, 2011 at 9:42 pm

I don’t know if I would have thought to put kellymom on a list, but you are SO right – I can’t imagine how many searches I’ve done on that site. And we LOVE our BabyLegs – they are awesome! I’m very excited about HypnoBabies – a friend is letting me use hers when we get pregnant, I really think it will be beneficial. TY for sharing!
Dionna @ Code Name: Mama recently posted..Top 10 Ways to Avoid a Time-OutMy Profile

12 stefanie @very, very fine March 9, 2011 at 11:45 pm

so many of these have been our staples, too. babylegs, aden & anais blankets, hyland’s everything, kellymom, and sophie’s cousin the little pink mushroom are all family favorites. i faithfully studied hypnobabies only to have a 2 hour labor and delivery that was over so fast i forgot to employ any of my techniques, ha! great list.
stefanie @very, very fine recently posted..step away from the amazon listMy Profile

13 Mrs Green @ littlegreenblog.com March 11, 2011 at 7:46 am

Oh I LOVE hynpbirthing as well. I’m quite sure without it, my birthing story would have been very different. Thanks for the great list
Mrs Green @ littlegreenblog.com recently posted..How to save 8 on your electricity billMy Profile

14 Tashmica March 11, 2011 at 9:21 am

Thank you for this great little post! I don’t have any of these things. My boys are all but not babies anymore…sigh…This whole carnival has been about what to do if we have another baby. :)

15 Kevin@Personalized Kids Books April 6, 2011 at 8:35 am

hypnobabies is great. it really has some great stuff. I also like getting and reading books with my baby/children, it’s really never too early.

16 kat August 11, 2011 at 6:20 am

no cry sleep is very useful for me. very nice information in simple word.
kat recently posted..Pregnancy Miracle: Great Way to Get Pregnant NaturallyMy Profile

17 Anne@Video Baby Monitor October 26, 2011 at 12:23 am

For me, I always choose a bedding set for my baby that are made from 100% natural or organic materials such as cotton. I also want to make sure that the other baby supplies I buy passed the international safety standards for these items. I have to say that when you have a baby, you only want the best and safe things for your baby.
Anne@Video Baby Monitor recently posted..Fisher Price Baby SwingsMy Profile