10 Natural Baby Items I Love

Welcome to the March Carnival of Natural Parenting: Natural Parenting Top 10 Lists

This post was written for inclusion in the monthly Carnival of Natural Parenting hosted by Hobo Mama and Code Name: Mama. This month our participants have shared Top 10 lists on a wide variety of aspects of attachment parenting and natural living. Please read to the end to find a list of links to the other carnival participants.

***

1. Hypnobabies:
This is how I stayed calm and positive and focused during my pregnancy. It was also my first true exposure to some natural parenting thinking.

2. Aden + Anais Swaddle Blankets:
I don’t go anywhere without at least one of these blankets. The 100% cotton muslin material is natural and breathable, and they fulfill so many purposes. They were our swaddle blankets when the other blankets became too small. They are also my nursing covers, Baby’s sun protectors, playmats, burp cloths, and wraps.

3. The No Cry Sleep Solution:
This book provided me with a variety of ways to help Baby sleep. Its approach is openminded and non-judgmental.

4. KellyMom:
I know that this isn’t exactly a product, but I know that I wouldn’t be approaching the milestone of 9 months of exclusive breastfeeding (with the exception of some Baby Led Weaning now) without this web site. I turned to KellyMom with all of my frequent and random breastfeeding questions, and I always found excellent information that I could trust here.

5. Baby Led Weaning: Helping Your Baby to Love Good Food:
If you’ve read my post about our success with Baby Led Weaning and my tips for starting BLW, you know that I’m a big fan of this approach. The book provides all of the information a new mom needs to get started.

6. Hyland’s Homeopathic Kid’s Kit:
I think this is the easiest way possible to safely give homeopathic medicine a try. The kit comes with six of the most common homeopathic remedies, as well as easy to understand instructions.

7. Organic Baby Couture Sleep Sacs:
If you’ve read about the flame retardant chemicals in children’s sleepwear, you will appreciate this 100% certified organic cotton sleep sac. It’s warm and adorable and super long so Baby can comfortably wear it for quite some time.

8. Eric Carle’s Books:
Baby loves these books so much, and I love the fact that he is learning about animals and the natural world so early on through vibrant illustrations and soothing words. We can’t wait to visit The Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art in the Spring!

9. Sophie the Giraffe:
Sophie is one of the great loves of Baby’s life so far! He loves biting her and playing with her, and I love that he is chewing on 100% natural rubber and food paint.

10. BabyLegs:
BabyLegs are so cute and have been so helpful for layering and diaper changes.

***

Carnival of Natural Parenting -- Hobo Mama and Code Name: MamaVisit Hobo Mama and Code Name: Mama to find out how you can participate in the next Carnival of Natural Parenting!

Please take time to read the submissions by the other carnival participants:

(This list will be live and updated by afternoon March 8 with all the carnival links.)

Thanks for visiting! Be sure to sign up for a FREE Team Beachbody Account to get support, motivation, and access to free tools to keep you on track with your fitness & health goals!

Comments

1. says

Great list! I am in love with Sophie the Giraffe at least as much as my little man is. I’ve referred to KellyMom, too, countless times to determine “If it’s safe” or “Why did that happen.” We haven’t started using our Hyland’s yet, but I did pick up the teething tablets, hoping they work for us just as well as everyone says! It sounds like you’re a fantastic mama : )
    Ana @Pandamoly recently posted..The Pandas’ Top Ten Crunch-osophiesMy Profile

2. says

I love your top ten! Quite a few of the items are favorites in our house, too! I also used hypnobabies to prepare for my daughter’s birth, and I found invaluable. I plan to use it again next time.

3. says

I’ve heard of/tried most of these things but I didn’t know there was a Hyland’s kid’s kit! I am so lost every time one of my kids gets sick, not sure what to try, and unable to afford a cart full of herbs and things all at once from Earth Fare. I will have to order one of these soon (now that cold season is over–ha). I’m glad to hear the Aden & Anais swaddling cloths are so good. I didn’t have any for my daughters but for this baby (coming in about a month) we have five washed and ready to go. I love them already, they are so soft and sweet.

4. says

Ok, this list is *almost* making me wish I had a chance for a new baby again. Almost. Good thing that is not going to happen. 😉

My 2.5 year old just rediscovered Sophie again and has been a constant companion for the last several months. That has got to be one of the best baby gifts. Love most of the others too (some I haven’t tried).
    Brenna @ Almost All The Truth recently posted..It’s International Women’s Day 2011!My Profile

5. says

I don’t know if I would have thought to put kellymom on a list, but you are SO right – I can’t imagine how many searches I’ve done on that site. And we LOVE our BabyLegs – they are awesome! I’m very excited about HypnoBabies – a friend is letting me use hers when we get pregnant, I really think it will be beneficial. TY for sharing!
    Dionna @ Code Name: Mama recently posted..Top 10 Ways to Avoid a Time-OutMy Profile

6. says

so many of these have been our staples, too. babylegs, aden & anais blankets, hyland’s everything, kellymom, and sophie’s cousin the little pink mushroom are all family favorites. i faithfully studied hypnobabies only to have a 2 hour labor and delivery that was over so fast i forgot to employ any of my techniques, ha! great list.
    stefanie @very, very fine recently posted..step away from the amazon listMy Profile

7. says

Thank you for this great little post! I don’t have any of these things. My boys are all but not babies anymore…sigh…This whole carnival has been about what to do if we have another baby. :)

8. says

For me, I always choose a bedding set for my baby that are made from 100% natural or organic materials such as cotton. I also want to make sure that the other baby supplies I buy passed the international safety standards for these items. I have to say that when you have a baby, you only want the best and safe things for your baby.
    Anne@Video Baby Monitor recently posted..Fisher Price Baby SwingsMy Profile