Wordless Wednesday: A Tribute to Reading

Before I go wordless, I would just like to say that I can’t imagine life without books. I truly don’t think I could have survived in a world without reading. Thank you, Reading, for being my constant companion in life!

Thank you also for the role you have already played in my son’s life! You’ve provided him with so many peaceful and enriching moments throughout the past 8 months. When Baby is sad, reciting his favorite books to him is a sure fire way to calm him instantly.

Reading, you are invaluable, and I love you.

reading

28 Weeks Old

reading

31 Weeks Old

Books

31 Weeks Old

1 Melissa @ The New Mommy Files February 16, 2011 at 10:10 am

Ah, I feel the same way about reading! Great photos :)
Melissa @ The New Mommy Files recently posted..Our Love StoryMy Profile

2 I Thought I Knew Mama February 16, 2011 at 10:43 am

Seriously! I would have withered away without it many years ago ;-)

3 Caren with a "C" February 16, 2011 at 12:54 pm

Visiting from SITS… Question for you… I can’t find your ‘contact me’ link? Do you have one? I like how your comments are formatted. Did you have to subscribe to LuvComments to get this widget? I’m getting some Spam and trying to come up with a nice way to handle it. Have you found this way helpful? Thanks!
Caren with a “C” recently posted..Garden Containers from Recycled MaterialsMy Profile

4 I Thought I Knew Mama February 16, 2011 at 1:07 pm

It’s so funny you ask this b/c I was just on your blog trying to leave a comment, but your anti-spam thing kept blocking me!

I use Growmap Anti Spambot Plugin. I also have CommentLuv. The design of how the comments fall is part of my WP theme: Thesis. Give Growmap a try!

I do have a Contact Me link. There should be a floating button on the left of your screen. Is it not showing up?

5 Briony February 16, 2011 at 1:26 pm

already ahead of the game. i wasn’t much of a reader until my last year of college. hahah.

6 I Thought I Knew Mama February 16, 2011 at 1:40 pm

LOL! :-)

7 Jessica February 16, 2011 at 6:13 pm

I love books and so do both of my girls. Such cute pics. I hope your son continues with his passion for books.
Jessica recently posted..I’m a SAHM and a business ownerMy Profile

8 Andrea February 16, 2011 at 6:14 pm

Great pics! I’m a HUGE reader so I totally love these!
Andrea recently posted..Walking With Elephants Book ReviewMy Profile

9 Laura February 16, 2011 at 7:12 pm

Visiting from Natural Parents Network!

I was an English teacher in my previous life and it makes me smile to see a little one enjoying books so much! We have “Brown Bear” around here too and all my children have loved it!

10 I Thought I Knew Mama February 16, 2011 at 7:14 pm

I was also an English teacher in my previous life ;-) Yes, we just can’t get enough of Eric Carle in this house!

11 Lauren@Hobo Mama February 16, 2011 at 8:35 pm

What a fun collection of photos! I love that he’s already so into books. I enjoyed posing my little guy with books when he was little, too, but mostly for the humor in it. :) We love books around here, too! I just brought home a huge stack of children’s books from the library — can’t wait.

Visiting from Hobo Mama and Natural Parents Network!
Lauren@Hobo Mama recently posted..Wordless Wednesday- My cosleeping boysMy Profile

12 I Thought I Knew Mama February 16, 2011 at 8:41 pm

Thanks, Lauren! Enjoy your library stash!

13 denise February 17, 2011 at 9:15 am

ADORABLE! Great photos. From an avid reader, it is nice to see that parents are working with their children early to love books.

Denise
Extreme Personal Measures
denise recently posted..Annas 10 Pottery Barn Knock OffMy Profile

14 I Thought I Knew Mama February 17, 2011 at 9:21 am

Thanks, Denise!

15 Bibi February 17, 2011 at 9:20 am

Those are are photos. In this age of electronics and ebooks is nice to see children developing love for real books.

I am so happy that boys inherited my love for books and looks like your little guy inherited his mama’s love for books.
Bibi recently posted..Bacon Wrapped MeatloafMy Profile

16 I Thought I Knew Mama February 17, 2011 at 9:26 am

Thank you, Bibi!
Yes, I refuse to give in to the e-readers. I’m so scared real books will become obsolete one day!

17 Kristi at Spend Less and Save More February 17, 2011 at 10:27 am

What a cutie! Love how early you started books with him It will pay off! Both my kids started with books as soon as they could sit up and even now, they are fantastic readers!
Joining you from SITS 31DBBB
Kristi at Spend Less and Save More recently posted..Diet Coke Printable CouponMy Profile

18 I Thought I Knew Mama February 17, 2011 at 10:30 am

Thanks, Kristi! That’s great that your little ones are so into reading!

19 Modern Gypsy February 17, 2011 at 10:59 am

Awww…what a sweetheart! I love reading too…started young, and never stopped!
Modern Gypsy recently posted..Wandering Wednesday 12- Comics!My Profile

20 Marah Mumma February 17, 2011 at 8:28 pm

thanks for linking up with this weeks blog hop!

i’m following back! :)

21 I Thought I Knew Mama February 18, 2011 at 6:07 pm

Thanks!

22 Darcy@Tales From the Nursery February 17, 2011 at 11:01 pm

Thanks for visiting my blog earlier.

I have “Who Do You See” for my baby girl! She likes that one… well she likes to touch it and put it in her mouth.

Guess I shouldn’t have told her I want her to devour books. :)

23 I Thought I Knew Mama February 18, 2011 at 6:07 pm

LOL, Darcy!

24 Laura February 17, 2011 at 11:01 pm

I love these photos! He’s just adorable! :-)
Laura recently posted..Travel tips and cheap flights to MexicoMy Profile

25 I Thought I Knew Mama February 18, 2011 at 6:05 pm

Thank you, Laura!

26 Layla@Weight Stories September 26, 2011 at 1:24 am

Great photos! Being a mother is not easy right? But it is fun, your son really love books. I think he’ll gonna be a great reader and genius someday, he has the potential to achieve that. I’m happy for you, and you are a great mother ever I know that! Keep it up!
Layla@Weight Stories recently posted..Myths and Realities of Fighting with Flat BellyMy Profile