15 Blogs I Love Right Now, 7 Random Things About Me, & 1 Little Award

I’m honored to have won the Stylish Blogger Award from Kathy Morelli of  Marriage, Motherhood & Mental Health.
Thank you, Kathy!

This is a pay it forward award.
There are 4 duties to perform to receive this award:

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award

2. Share 7 things about yourself:

1. I did Hypnobabies to prepare for my baby’s birth.
2. We love to travel and Baby is getting an early start. He’ll visit his 7th state in February when he is 8 months old.
3. I’ve lived in NYC, Boston, Cambridge, and San Francisco. Now, we’re surrounded by woods. :-)
4. My husband and I were in the same social circle in the same class at the same college, but we didn’t meet each other until a random occurrence 7 years after graduating college.

5. My name is the combination of both of my parents names. Our son’s name is a combination of our names. If you know our names, you can figure it out. ;-)

6. I’m a vegetarian, but I love the smell of barbecue.
7. When we first started dating, my husband bought me a guitar. Except I missed the fact that he bought it for me. I thought he was just lending me his guitar until I figured it out the next day. (At least now when I do things like this, I can blame it on mommy brain!)

3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.

(I’m just going to award 15 blogs that I really like and encourage you to check them out. :-)

1 Kristi @ Veggie Converter January 31, 2011 at 6:26 pm

I love the smell of BBQ too! I say that every time we go to Sam’s “It smells delicious, but I know it’s a lie (Sonny’s is next door).
LOL
~kristi
Kristi @ Veggie Converter recently posted..Menu Plan Monday Jan 31My Profile

2 I Thought I Knew Mama January 31, 2011 at 6:57 pm

Ha! Glad I’m not the only one ;-)

3 Angie January 31, 2011 at 6:36 pm

Thank you!
I have a similar #4! My hubby and I hung out with the same people at High School But I never met him till a few months after graduation. That is probably a good thing. My hubby was a bit of a a nerd :) And we have been happily together since 1995!
Angie recently posted..Black Bean Brownies!My Profile

4 I Thought I Knew Mama January 31, 2011 at 6:59 pm

Nice! I love stories like that. When it’s meant to be, it’s meant to be ;-)

5 Stacy January 31, 2011 at 7:49 pm

Thank you for the mention!
I love the new look, great job!

Stacy
Stacy recently posted..Inspiring the Soul with MusicMy Profile

6 I Thought I Knew Mama January 31, 2011 at 7:54 pm

Thank you, Stacy!

7 shelley January 31, 2011 at 8:25 pm

thank you for your sweet comment!!! <3 maybe i can sleep tonight! lol… my husband and i knew each other in college were friends then best friends and then we made the jump to bf/gf that was hard/wierd but we have been through it alll together… and i love the smell of a good barbque too!
your sleep deprived friend lol
shelley :)
shelley recently posted..According to Google I um “Suck!”My Profile

8 Yuliya January 31, 2011 at 8:30 pm

Aw thanks for the shout out!
My husband and I went to the same middle and high school but didn’t start dating until the end of college :)
Yuliya recently posted..pop culture savvy androidMy Profile

9 Jill January 31, 2011 at 9:55 pm

Wow! Thanks so much. I love the info about your name & your baby’s name – very, very cool.

10 The Domestic Yogi January 31, 2011 at 10:48 pm

Thanks for the mention! I am so thrilled! So happy I found you too :)
The Domestic Yogi recently posted..Sundays Dubbed Family Creation DayMy Profile

11 Cynthia September 14, 2011 at 11:28 am

You have a great list of blog.. I am so excited to check them out! Thanks for sharing your thoughts..
Cynthia recently posted..How to Kill Black MoldMy Profile

12 Rainnyvic October 5, 2011 at 1:34 pm

That is probably a good thing. :)
Rainnyvic recently posted..angry birdMy Profile

13 wynonix October 17, 2011 at 4:54 am

Hubby and I enrolled on the same college but never met their. We only met when he was already working and only then find out we enrolled on the same college. My two sons name was after him but with some appendage so it won’t confuse who is who. LOL. I have stop working to attend to my two boys needs and at the same time working online.
wynonix recently posted..- DATING ADVICE FOR WOMENMy Profile

14 dalila October 24, 2011 at 3:56 am

Nice article. Telling things about yourself is just like selling yourself to your friends and for me its a good thing for it helps me know the person.
dalila recently posted..hcg diet meal planMy Profile

15 Laura February 1, 2011 at 2:09 am

Thanks so much! I will visit your other blogs and I will post a thankyou on my own blog tomorrow. PS Who doesn’t love the smell of the BBQ – and veg-BBQ smells equally scrummy! :)
Laura recently posted..National Geographic Green GuideMy Profile

16 Dagmar ~ Dagmar's momsense February 1, 2011 at 2:49 am

A, thank you for mentioning my blog! I’m so happy to hear you like reading it — thanks for your comment today.

My husband Donald came up with Landon’s name: Lan-Don :)

Best,
Dagmar
Dagmar ~ Dagmar’s momsense recently posted..Healthy Changes in Our Home- Raw Honey- Gluten-Free Foods- and Natural Skin CareMy Profile

17 Cecelia February 1, 2011 at 11:45 am

I knew 6/7 of those!! How funny about the guitar!! Can’t wait to see Jac in Feb!! And to see u and J! Live reading Ur blogs!!

18 I Thought I Knew Mama February 1, 2011 at 12:24 pm

Of course you did ;-)
Can’t wait to see you all too!
Thanks! xo

19 Practical Parenting February 1, 2011 at 1:59 pm

Thanks for the shout out! Looks like the transition went well! Where do I get the code for award thing so that I can pay it forward to some other new bloggers?

20 I Thought I Knew Mama February 1, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Your welcome! I just copied the entire post from an awarding blog and added it into the “visual” posting area rather than the “html” posting area and the award picture copied just fine. So if you just copy my whole post, it should transfer.

21 I Thought I Knew Mama February 1, 2011 at 2:15 pm

P.S. Your trick for transferring GFC worked… and then it stopped working! Banging my head against a wall trying to get GFC to pick up the feed from my past several posts. Sigh…

22 Mistie February 2, 2011 at 8:08 am

MMMM, the smell of a good BBQ on a balmy summer evening. Yummy. I just don’t want to eat it!!

Love your blog!

23 Jessica @ Cloth diapering mama March 25, 2011 at 1:27 am

stylin baby!!!
Jessica @ Cloth diapering mama recently posted..I’m stylish! I won an award! I think I’ll call my mom!My Profile